1987 Hurricane 600 Can

Thread: 1987 Hurricane 600 Can

Lightly seasoned... Array wolfnadrid's Avatar
    Ninja 650R

1987 Hurricane 600 Can

Ya, its a bit oldschool, but it still schools the kids
    I've been hunting for a new can for my bike (87 Hurc 600), and sadly nobody has one listed in the current parts catalogs at the shop (parts canada the primary source)... SO...
    I currently have the crappiest sounding StuperCrapp and vehemently hate it, and wish to replace it w/ pretty much anything else, that looks pretty as is part of a custom restoration project, and must be quiet-ish or near factory levels, <92Db for sure otherwise I'll have a LOT more problems (RCMP here on the island have become jerks to sportbikes here).
    Does anyone know of a muffler/can that I can mount up w/o requiring a new midpipe or only needs a cheapy mod? hanger I'm not to worried about because I can fab a strap all too easy.

Also, while I'm at it... know of mirrors that will mount up beyond OEM or w/ little to no mod?

2. Remove Advertisements

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Get one of quiet or stealth pipes from another bike that fits your pipe diameter. And learn to not spin up near the redline when in town?

Otherwise you can get any of the used Hurricane cans off Ebay or similar and then add a tail plug to tone it down a bit. We used to use the pipe plugs at Mission and it make a good 8'ish dB difference. I added a similar welded in perforated cone to my Muzzys and they toned it down a lot as well. These tail end plugs don't harm the power enough to tell.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.