Chain Maintenance

Thread: Chain Maintenance

2006 Suzuki GSX-R750

Chain Maintenance

What is your preference for normal street riding:

1) Chain Lube; or
    2) Chain Wax

Which works the best?? How often do you grease your chain? Your 2 cents worth please.

2. Remove Advertisements

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    my front room
    somethin somethin somethin
    i prefer bike tech and mods!! it works best for getting your bike tech related question answered. i don't lube my X-ring chain. i clean it with either WD-40 or kerosene and call it a day. i clean it after i ride in the rain and it's going to be dry for awhile.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Maxima spray on stuff in a black can. At least every 500k (usually after a long ride).
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Richmond (If you don't like it here, allow me to point you to the nearest exit. :))

I'm not one to bash reposts. So here are some other threads. Other people have some interesting comments.

-- I am using Chain Wax right now. Gonna try something else next time. Chain seems to be too dry.
    -- I always lube the chain after a ride while the chain is still warm.
    -- The interval is 500 to 1,000 kilometers or when you see the chain is dry.

i just chain lube(the spray kind) because liquid by definition will take up the space of the container it is in. Meaning it can go anywhere. The grease or wax is a solid so in theory it wont go into the joints as well. Thats how i see it.

Chain wax all the time... unless you like cleaning all the shit that oil flings all over the place.

i spray/clean the chain after every couple rides... and after riding in the rain if that happens. I also adjust it every few rides to keep it at the right tension.

This goes for all my bikes, and my chain/sprockets last for what seems like forever

2006 FIREBLADE 1000

Red face Forum????

Wrong Forum