Please keep an eye out for it. I'll post more details later if there are any.
2003 GSX-R1000 stolen from north Richmond around Shell and Bridgeport Road
Licence plate was E5-4214
==================== The ICBC details ====================
- 1st ICBC appointment 28Jun2007 @ 1:45PM
- Went to the Coquitlam branch for an appointment now. Don't want to way 3 to 7 days.
- It was 20% information and 80% interrogation. I told the lady adjuster so. The questions intend for me to prove my innocence; assume suspicious until proven clean.
- They intend to do **nothing** for 22 days.
- After that they will do "market research" and lien search. Time frame? 1 week. My comeback to her was 2 to 10 weeks! She was somewhat offended by that comment.
- Said she would ask her supervisor for fast track consideration.
- About an hour after the appointment, the ICBC lady called to say that she's discussed the "fast track" possibilities with her supervisor.
- They wanted some receipts I don't have. I offered up a picture of the bike and emailed it to her.
- I emailed the ICBC lady on the Tuesday after the long weekend.
- She tells me that she's handed the file to an estimator.
- I asked when I should check with the estimator for a talk.
- Answer: end of the week.
- The ICBC estimator calls me on Friday 9:30AM (July 6th).
- He wanted the CL37 form properly filled out and notarized.
- He can have a cheque ready for me the same afternoon.
- I couldn't drop everything to get this done. Deferred it to Monday.
- Monday, July 9th. Get CL37 form notarized. $25 plus taxes.
- Went to the ICBC office.
- Got the cheque within 10 minutes. Nothing else to sign. Done. This episode ran for 8 days.
- I stopped the clock on Friday when the cheque was ready for pickup. I would've been happy with 10 days.
Gonna miss the 1000K3. I think I'm going to get this picture framed.
To conclude, make your case with your insurance adjuster. He/she should be working for you. Don't take the 22 days, 30 days, or $300 as the be all and end all of the story. They have to answer to you to some extent. Cheers.