K&N High flow filters Good or Bad

Thread: K&N High flow filters Good or Bad

K&N High flow filters Good or Bad

Just wondering about those High flow air filters, like K&N and others. I have been told that sometimes they can have a reverse affect on a bike, because honda does such a good job with fine tuning of the air, fuel flow mix. If I remap, will it correct the problem or not, anyone know anything on this subject.

2. Remove Advertisements

2002 ZX6R
    Don't waste your time with a K&N on a RC-51.
    Your filter is ,I believe, an HRC spec filter.

Ex-Team X-Trojan Member

Past Bikes: CM450E, '00 F4, '01 929, '03 GSXR1000/'03 GSXR 750(Katie's), '02 ZX6R (current)

Qualicum Beach
    Ktm 1190,ThruxtonR 1200'Drz4

I put a BMC race filter on my bike and gained 3.7 hp just by dropping it in no fuel mapping involved.This was on a dyno back to back runs with a stock flter and then the BMC It kinda looks like a K&N but flows more.

Its quiet in here! Array Biker69's Avatar
    1993 CBR900RR
    Be careful on what bike you put these on, I was at my buddies dyno shop, a customer had put a K@N air filter in his 2001 GSXR 750 and now he had a flat spot, he tried to map it out but couldn't. Strapped it on the dyno and sure enough, it had lost power and massive flat spot. Put the stocker bad in, problem solved. I would phone a tuner and ask before you buy, Mike at M.A.S is a good tuner, 604-837-6451 and his shop is in Abbotsford.
    Head tech inspector-WMRC

2000 GSXR750 racebike for sale- http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...white-3200-obo

Team Black Dog Racing

something reD...
    The BMC filters have a street version. Which is like the K&N and a race version that flows 15% more air. The race version, you would have to remap to get the full advantages of the extra air. The street version is just a drop-in mod.

Another good reason to get an aftermarket filter is because they are resuable. You can wash them out and reuse them. I heard that bike air filters are pretty expensive...
    2002 998