BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Things you carried on your bike.

2K views 39 replies 29 participants last post by  grant 
#1 ·
After reading the post by thr1 (re.Funny sight on Davie St.) made me think about the rest of us. Any one out there carry anything unusual on their machine?

In college my only transport was my bike. After some guy in a Delta 88 blew a stop sign and crushed my left foot I still neede to get to class. Each morning I would hobble to the machine and strap the crutches on the side for the 20 minute ride to class!

Also I too have strapped the skies on my bike. It was a 90 mile ride to the ski hill near Terrace in -10C weather. The bike was KLR650 that I had to push a good distance in order to warm up partway through the trip.

What about everyone else out there?

#28 ·
Yamaholic said:
carried a buba keg from ladner to chilliwack...lol..worlds fastest keg...mind you we couldnt open it till like 4 am as it was all shakin up..
That was friggin' hilarious!:D :D
:roflmao

#31 · (Edited)
Inferno said:

It was Valentine's Day and I thought it would be nice to get my wife some roses. Hmmm..how will I get them to her?..I rode to work I know!.. I'll stick them in my backpack with the buds sticking out so they won't get smooshed.

Sometimes things like that happening are good. You two can laugh about that for years to come. Besides, it's the thought that counts right?

I did the same thing for my anniversary a few weeks ago, but I had a tank bag. The stems were at the back, but the flowers sticking out covered the speedo and taq. The little windscreen came in handy though. They were a little squished and beat up, but the box of chocolates made it just fine :)

G
#36 ·
With a few exceptions, over the years motorcycles have been my ONLY set of wheels (and are to this day), so I've gotten pretty creative at carrying things. I've carried everything from a 20" box fan to an ironing board to a sewing machine in its wood cabinet to a portable TV set to a chair from Ikea, and more recently a microwave oven from the Metrotown Sears to Downtown Vancouver....

Back in December 1976 I had to carry a bunch of stuff from my aunt's home in Los Angeles to my home in San Jose. Did I ever get some funny looks from drivers/passengers as a rode home along Highway 101 -- my bike had a sturdy rack so I was able to carry 2 medium suitcases (about 2 feet wide) and a portable typewriter (remember those, before laptops?) in its case. It was stacked 2 feet high but securely strapped down. I can remember this one woman passenger looking back at my bike when the car passed me -- the look on her face was priceless.

When I was living in Seattle my friend/roommate and I had to buy some supplies at Costco. His car was broken down. So we went to Costco -- he rode on the back. Coming home, we had our stuff in a box about 1 metre high, and maybe 2/3 of a metre square. My then Ninja had a small luggage rack. The box rested on the rack, and it was strapped with a couple bungee cords -- to my passenger, around his waist and chest! We were laughing all the way home and wondering what people in cages must be thinking.

Whenever I get the stupid question like "How can you carry that on your bike?" I just say if I can carry a 200-pound, 6-foot passenger, why not THIS? Duh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.