GPS- how to mount on a ZX 14

Thread: GPS- how to mount on a ZX 14

Unregistered rider Array KingHD's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 ZX14 old bike

Question GPS- how to mount on a ZX 14

Hey How is everyone enjoy this great riding season

I recently purchased a new ZX14 and I love the thing. Now i ready to start exploring new roads and put some major miles on this Bike. and I have been thinking of some how mounting a GPS System.

Would any one whom might of done this on there bike be able to help or give suggestions. Which one would be best and most realible on a bike. there are so many brands and most of them are made only for cars.

So Please give your ideas. and ride safe!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Warp Speed Bug Killer Array UltraMax's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 Kawasaki Z1000
    Get Garmen Zumo 550. It's made for bikes... and can be used in cars. It comes with mounting kits for bike and for car... totally awesome.
    The way, naked is. Talking like Yoda, I am. :D

Bike
    2007 ZX14 old bike
    Thanks I check that one out

Bike
    None right now...
    Zumo is nice, but expensive. If you don't mind using a GPS that wasn't designed for motorcycles, you can mount almost anything with a RAM mount. RAM makes an almost infinite array of hardware for mounting your electronics on your bike.

Two recommendations for buying GPS' in Canada: GPS City (www.gpscity.ca) and Prairie Geomatics (www.prairie.mb.ca). Neither charge GST on orders, both sell RAM mounts too.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Bike
    2007 ZX14 old bike
    IS there any Cheap way to mount GPS

Bike
    None right now...
    Sure. Nylon Tie-straps will hold most GPS' in place. But if you're trying to hold your $400 GPS with a $0.03 tie strap, don't be surprised if you end up forking out another $400 for a new GPS at some point.

Garmin mounts can be had for anywhere from $30 to $150, depending on the complexity. Check out the two stores I linked to above (and maybe www.gpscentral.ca as well, they're in Calgary) and see what you can find for your unit.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Bike
    your girlfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggixxer View Post
    IS there any Cheap way to mount GPS
    if you buy the Zumo , it comes with a ball mount and handlebar mount. i mounted mine with the ball mount bolted just below the visor, its totally adjustable and is quite solid. this being on a dl1000. i'm sure you must have a fair sized spot below your visor on the zx14.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF A BIKE, IS THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE SEAT, TO THE HANDLEBARS.