new hjc helmet extremely tight

Thread: new hjc helmet extremely tight

Bike

new hjc helmet extremely tight

I just ordered a helmet online and found it to be extremely tight. Well, before you say, "DUFUS, you should have bought a larger size!!! ", I tried the exact same one on at Carter Motorsports and that one fit just right.

My Q, is: Do they loosen up over time, because if they don't, you'd be seeing this helmet in the BST section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Booger View Post
    I just ordered a helmet online and found it to be extremely tight. Well, before you say, "DUFUS, you should have bought a larger size!!! ", I tried the exact same one on at Carter Motorsports and that one fit just right.

My Q, is: Do they loosen up over time, because if they don't, you'd be seeing this helmet in the BST section.
    depends on your definition of extremely tight if it causes headache after wearing for a half hour to an hour then it may be too tight.

My new large HJC helmet was tight during the first couple of weeks but has loosen to the point where it fits my head comfortably. During the first break-in period I wore it while watching TV for an hour or so.

One of the things that I found useful was a black silk-like swim cap to pull back my hair as well as flattening my ears against my head, before putting on the helmet.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphael View Post
    depends on your definition of extremely tight if it causes headache after wearing for a half hour to an hour then it may be too tight.

My new large HJC helmet was tight during the first couple of weeks but has loosen to the point where it fits my head comfortably. During the first break-in period I wore it while watching TV for an hour or so.

One of the things that I found useful was a black silk-like swim cap to pull back my hair as well as flattening my ears against my head, before putting on the helmet.

Haaahah . Someone at work mentioned wearing it while watching TV as well. ATGATT

Well, it is so tight right now, I can even get my glasses on. And my ears bend forward, instead of flat against my head when I put it on.

Just got it delivered this morning, so I haven't taken it out for a ride yet.

westsiderider
    yes it the padding will wear down the reason the one in ths shop was better fitting is because other people have tryed it on and it has packed out

Bike
    none
    Haaahah . Someone at work mentioned wearing it while watching TV as well. ATGATT

Well, it is so tight right now, I can even get my glasses on. And my ears bend forward, instead of flat against my head when I put it on.

Just got it delivered this morning, so I haven't taken it out for a ride yet.
    yup, my ears bend forward too, hence the need of a black swimwear cap to hold it flat while putting on the helmet.

The helmet is extremely comfortable now, but I cannot insert a pair of sunglasses into them either.

Bike
    N/A
    I tried the exact same one on at Carter Motorsports and that one fit just right.
    You probably tried a demo helmet so it was already mostly broken in by all the others trying it on.....plus you got all the greeblies from the last guy to put it on yuck.....

Bike
    Don't worry, I deposited my own "greeblies" in that helmet.

I sneezed in it.