Help with my yamaha FZR hydraulic clutch

Thread: Help with my yamaha FZR hydraulic clutch

Ryguy

Help with my yamaha FZR hydraulic clutch

My 87 FRZ 1000s clutch was leaking from the master cylinder so I purchased a clutch rebuild kit for the bike only to realize that a previous owner must have changed it. The master cylinder on it now is a 14mm bore and the kit that came for my year and model is for a 16mm bore.
    Nobody seems to be able to tell me what kit I should order for a 14mm bore because yamaha part numbers tell nothing about the parts apparently so there is no hope of cross referencing, and nobody has anything in stock so there's no way to tell besides ordering in a bunch of potentially wrong kits
    Does anybody know or have any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    take the kit back and give a couple of the shops around the mainland and see if they have a good used hydraulic clutch available and install the proper 16mm one so if it leaks in the future, you'll have the proper one.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    Viffer
    Replace with ebay unit.

Bike
    N/A
    Does it have a remote master cylinder?? Is the bike red/white/black? Does it have a braced swing arm? Is the frame black?

Because they never had one (remote master cylinder) in 1987. Or a braced swingarm. They also never came with a black frame.

If could you could post some pics I may be able to tell you.

I had an '87 FZR 1000 so I know a little about them.....

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    If it's not the right size there's a good chance it's a master off some other bike altogether. No telling which one unless you post up pics of your present master and perhaps someone can ID it.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Ryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyjacK View Post
    Does it have a remote master cylinder?? Is the bike red/white/black? Does it have a braced swing arm? Is the frame black?

Because they never had one (remote master cylinder) in 1987. Or a braced swingarm. They also never came with a black frame.

If could you could post some pics I may be able to tell you.

I had an '87 FZR 1000 so I know a little about them.....

I'm not sure what a remote master cylinder is, I've never worked on bikes before really, but there is an electrical plugin attached that wasn't doing anything.
    I tried to attach a picture hopefully it works, but yes it is red/black/white and does have a braced swing arm and the frame is black so this def. could be your bike. Hopefully so.

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post
    I'm not sure what a remote master cylinder is, I've never worked on bikes before really, but there is an electrical plugin attached that wasn't doing anything.
    I tried to attach a picture hopefully it works, but yes it is red/black/white and does have a braced swing arm and the frame is black so this def. could be your bike. Hopefully so.
    Yup one of my old bike it's a master from a GSXR 750 or 1100 (they were the same) circa mid 1990's I'd say hope that helps...any more questions just pm me.