Riding like an Idiot
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding like an Idiot

Registered User Array nightstalker's Avatar
    Bike
    2 wheeled contraption

Riding like an Idiot

To the rider on the blue R1 wearing a turban,tee,shorts n sneakers on nordel way yesterday afternoon....if you're reading this.. don't know what your rush was but bro try to keep a lid on it on a congested public road, don't really know if "hopper" was your instructor but you weaving in and out of traffic n trying to be like a GP guy was not cool ..had my boy 2-up on my gixxer ,showing him how to ride nice and safe and enjoy the sport and you had to go and ruin it...kid had a few questions for me afterwards regarding what you were doing ...and before this snowballs into a "turban" or 'racial" thingy, can it! cuz i'm a sikh also. Rant over and cheers
    Last edited by nightstalker; 07-08-2007 at 06:13 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2011 CBR 1000rr ABS
    They only learn when we say RIP....but they are not around to hear it.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker
    try to keep a lid on it
    it'd be damn scary to ride any kind of way around here without a helmet on.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Black on black crime Array Iceman_19's Avatar
    Bike
    2000 Yamaha R1
    I would not RIDE if I couldnt wear a helmet, insane.
    2000 Yamaha R1 - Back in black!

Crotch Rocket Scientist Array penumbra604's Avatar
    Bike
    2001 Yamaha FZ1
    I've seen that look before too - I guess it's no worse than a beanie but I don't get it. Full face, all the way. Couldn't you just get a larger sized helment and wear it over the turban? I would think even the bug/rock/golfball protection factor would make it worthwhile even if you felt immortal regarding crashing.

Everytime I get a chip in my visor, I feel vindicated in going with a full-face helment.
    2001 Black Yamaha FZ1

Bike
    Honda, Royal Enfield, Suzuki TS90, Kawasaki W650, Yamaha (2)
    Seems every time I go for a ride now I come across some clown/clowns stunting or riding like idiots, nearly always in traffic. I used to come across them in industrial areas etc and enjoyed watching, now it's nearly always on the roads.

To the guys doing it, come on, your putting yourselves and others at risk, giving bikers in general an even worse name, could put and end to large sports bikes or even all sports bikes, and screwing up insurance rates.

Bike
    05 Kawi Z750
    Quote Originally Posted by penumbra604 View Post
    I've seen that look before too - I guess it's no worse than a beanie but I don't get it. Full face, all the way. Couldn't you just get a larger sized helment and wear it over the turban? I would think even the bug/rock/golfball protection factor would make it worthwhile even if you felt immortal regarding crashing.

Everytime I get a chip in my visor, I feel vindicated in going with a full-face helment.
    Where there is a will, there is a way!
    Do not underestimate the power of the Dark side.

Bike
    04 R1, 04 R6 (Race), 07 DRZ440
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    it'd be damn scary to ride any kind of way around here without a helmet on.
    its called natural selection!
    Nice Try NO-GOAL-OFF!

Bike
    CBR900 'Fighter
    nightstalker, Is there a way for Sikhs to rock a lid while staying within the rules of the turban?

Vanderkalin Array
    Bike
    04 RC 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailz View Post
    nightstalker, Is there a way for Sikhs to rock a lid while staying within the rules of the turban?
    On that subject, I am pretty sure not all sikhs wear turbans. Am I wrong? And if it is so important that you always wear a turban, maybe motorcycles aren't for you, eh? Are helmets about safety or not? Not trying to be a jerk here, would really like an answer to all this.
    :imwithstu

Waiting for the sun Array rivan's Avatar
    Bike
    Gee Ess Ex Are
    Quote Originally Posted by VanderKalin View Post
    On that subject, I am pretty sure not all sikhs wear turbans. Am I wrong? And if it is so important that you always wear a turban, maybe motorcycles aren't for you, eh? Are helmets about safety or not? Not trying to be a jerk here, would really like an answer to all this.
    I can’t clarify if or not all Sikhs wear turbans, but I know that not all the people that wear turbans are Sikh…...with that said, if you ever feel the desire to ride without wearing a helmet, just put on a turban, then you won’t get a ticket for riding without a lid.

Personally, I won’t get on my bike without my helmet, but I do believe anyone should be allowed to exercise their rights to choice.

As for the crazy riding, please save the GP style riding to the GP racers, if you want to ride like that, take it to the track, please stop putting your life and every one else’s on the line…..ask yourself reward worth the risk?
    If sunflower oil comes from sunflowers and olive oil comes from olives.....then where does baby oil come from?

I put the FU in FUN :flip

GunMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker View Post
    To the rider on the blue R1 wearing a turban,tee,shorts n sneakers on nordel way yesterday afternoon....if you're reading this.. don't know what your rush was but bro try to keep a lid on it on a congested public road, don't really know if "hopper" was your instructor but you weaving in and out of traffic n trying to be like a GP guy was not cool ..had my boy 2-up on my gixxer ,showing him how to ride nice and safe and enjoy the sport and you had to go and ruin it...kid had a few questions for me afterwards regarding what you were doing ...and before this snowballs into a "turban" or 'racial" thingy, can it! cuz i'm a sikh also. Rant over and cheers
    This guy is not your kids hero so your kid should not care, and you are not the guys hero who was on the R1 so he probably doesnt care what you think either. Stop crying man and i bet its not as bad as you say it was you just wanted to come here and say you saw a guy on a R1 with a turban on.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    04 Kawi ZRX 1200R
    A true follower of Sikh tradition must wear his turban, and there is no such thing as a helmet that will fit over that. Personally I think it is complete and utter bullshit that people can flaunt the law like this, it has nothing to do with racism it is simply a matter of respect for OUR traditions and laws.

If you can ride without a helmet, why not? It's your brains that will be dashed across the ashpalt when you slip on some oil in a simple intersection turn.

Registered User Array nightstalker's Avatar
    Bike
    2 wheeled contraption
    Quote Originally Posted by VanderKalin View Post
    First of all, let me clarify something about my original post , i have no issue with his wearing a turban while riding, it was his "STYLE" of riding that i took exception to..i just used his dress style to identify him...as for the rest, yes, you are correct that not all sikhs wear turbans (the ones that do are following the basic tenets of the faith by displaying all 5 symbols of the faith), yes, biking is a dangerous sport and helmets are about safety,but it can't be any more dangerous then flying a Hurricane and dogfighting with ME109's during the Battle of Britain(Flt.LT. Pujji, #23 Sqn RAF) or being in a army at war whose pics i have attached..The people who wanted this ruling just brought Canada in-line with other countries that have the same rule like UK,Singapore,USA etc and 90 per cent of these people are mature,sensible individuals who ride cruiser style bikes with their own club here in BC whose link is below....its the 1 per cent ass-hats who take advantage and ruin it for the other half. cheers

http://www.sikhmotorcycleclub.com/index.html

f
    Last edited by nightstalker; 07-10-2007 at 12:46 AM.

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    I think if a Turban is worn than there insurance coverage for themselves should be void and only cover the other vehicle involved if there is a second. If it is a single accident and head injuries happen that could have been avoided if wearing any kind of DOT protection than the insurance should be void.