rider down, langley
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: rider down, langley

Registered User Array kriestpuncher's Avatar
    Bike
    04 cbr 600rr

rider down, langley

doesn't look good. rider down at 200th & 72nd. looks like he/she was making a left turn at the intersection, watch those left turns guys. fucking assholes are always flying up that hill to make the light. i hope it isn't as bad as it looked and your ok.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array Bradthechoirboy's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR250
    Quote Originally Posted by kriestpuncher View Post
    doesn't look good. rider down at 200th & 72nd. looks like he/she was making a left turn at the intersection, watch those left turns guys. fucking assholes are always flying up that hill to make the light. i hope it isn't as bad as it looked and your ok.
    Just heard on the radio, rider lifted out on an air ambulance...

a noob who can't ride Array weitaro's Avatar
    Bike
    scrap metal
    Just heard on the radio...hope he's fine

Registered User Array garfieldbd's Avatar
    Bike
    1995 Yamaha YZF600R
    Quote Originally Posted by weitaro View Post
    Just heard on the radio...hope he's fine
    I live in the area and heard all the sirens. By the time I got there, there were two ambulance crews working on him. i didn't see any movement, but they had him/her bundled up pretty good. They weren't doing CPR or anything like that. The helicopter had him out of there pretty good.

I didn't get a very good look at the bike. It was pretty banged up. One of the officers was holding his helmet, and from I could see, it looked to be in pretty decent shape.

The other driver was in very bad shape emotionally. I think he was in shock when I got there. By the time I left, he was inconsolable.

They held traffic for 15 minutes while the helicopter was being loaded, so I was stuck at the Esso. I seriously thought about riding home and picking up the car.I wasn't a witness or anything and I was shaken up.

I'll be thinking about this guy lots today. Keep your eyes open. Lots of idiots out there (like the bus driver who pulled away from a bus stop without signalling and the lady who was knitting while in stop and go traffic).

Registered User Array
    Bike
    ZX6R
    Yeah, I live right down the road and woke up to goto work when this happened. My g/f harrassed me all morning about this, (she's a Nurse at Surrey ER) and is completely against me riding a bike. The other day she was at work and an MVA came in involving a bike...not good for my argument.

I hope the rider comes out of this ok. The intersection is still closed for investigation, and that intersection is now one of the most dangerous ones around in Langley, I hate driving across that intersection.

Nate

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    Quote Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
    that intersection is now one of the most dangerous ones around in Langley, I hate driving across that intersection.
    If you're traveling along 200th, there's not supposed to be anyone turning left off of 200th, they have a separate light.

Turning left from 72nd onto 200th is a bit harder sometimes, but it's much slower traffic. It's also under construction a bit still, so hopefully it will be improved soon.

;D

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Turning from 72nd on to 200th is the biggest shitshow in all of langley, I dare say. They do so much construction work on everything in that intersection and the rocket scientists can't even figure out they need a left turn light for ALL directions there... someone should start a petition to the city. And while you're at it, that fuckin meridian needs to have a chunk removed so you can turn left into the plaza if you're going westbound on 72nd
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    2004 kawi 636
    Damn there seems to be a lot more serious bike accidents this year. Hope the rider makes it.

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Geeze. I hope the rider makes it out ok. Wasn't there a thread on how crazy 200th is for motorcyclists? Healfast rider!

Quote Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
    Yeah, I live right down the road and woke up to goto work when this happened. My g/f harrassed me all morning about this, (she's a Nurse at Surrey ER) and is completely against me riding a bike. The other day she was at work and an MVA came in involving a bike...not good for my argument.
    In her position it is easy to see why she would be against it. Start breaking down facts; how much gear you wear, how you ride, where you ride, etc. You can do dangerous things safely and safe things dangerously. Good luck!

Bike
    '04 600rr
    Saw this one on my way in to work this morning (in a cage). Didn't look good indeed. Hopefully the rider pulls through to read about this post, but yes, that intersection is retarded... from the looks of things, I saw shattered peices of fairing and glass in the Northbound side of the intersection, right in the middle. A red car was parked eastbound along the meridian on 72nd, and from my angle it looked like that was the car involved.

It's hard to really say what happened, but the bike was in real bad shape and there were peices scattered all over the intersection. Bike could have been turning left southbound on 200th, but they have a delayed light for themselves so I can't see kind of impact happening from a standstill (car taking off northbound hitting a bike at that range wouldn't have caused that amount of damage.)

A lot of retards turn right onto 72nd while heading northbound on 200th going WAY too fast and may have overshot the corner, but the crash/gas/debris doesn't really match up from what I saw...

Either way, thoughts to the rider. Heal up fast.

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    i believe this is not a first time there has been a serious accident there. the intersection is so big and no one seems to know what to do.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    04 R6
    saw the leftovers the wreck on the way into work. definately didn't look good. this was at around 8:45am and they had one side of the road blocked off still. didnt' get a good look at the make of the bike unfortunately. but it looked like an r6. maybe around the 02 range. but this was just a quick glance.
    heal fast rider

Will wheelie 4 boobs! Array Jave's Avatar
    Bike
    06 R6... Redline: 27000000 bitches!
    I live just down the block from there and have to turn on to 200th from 72nd everyday. It's a fuckin gamble going through that intersection. They need a separate left turn lane going east bound on 72nd to turn north on 200th. It's the worst intersection. I've lived there for 3 years and nothing has been done about it. I see near misses every time I drive through there. You think someone must have complained about it already....
    Danger 4 dinner... Sex 4 breakfast...

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    I drive through that intersection daily and I really don't find it too bad. You just have to pay attention is all.

;D

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    I see near misses every time I drive through there. You think someone must have complained about it already....
    If you have near misses every time you go through there, why not you be the one who complains?