BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

ever feel the hand of god

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  JAYJ 
#1 ·
so im riding home the other night kinda late from work just chugen along the lights green up ahead no cars around me coming or beside me when outta know where just as im coming into the intersection a van blows the red light .at this time im already about half way across the lane and hes going to t bone me.. i dont know what i did but got infrunt of his van and i swear i could hear his bummper tag my back tire..but it all happend in slow motion.. right after this happens i swear i was picked up and moved to a safe spot..oh then i got off my bike and kissed the fooking ground..oh the guy driving the van never even slowed down or stoped

#3 ·
so im riding home the other night kinda late from work just chugen along the lights green up ahead no cars around me coming or beside me when outta know where just as im coming into the intersection a van blows the red light .at this time im already about half way across the lane and hes going to t bone me.. i dont know what i did but got infrunt of his van and i swear i could hear his bummper tag my back tire..but it all happend in slow motion.. right after this happens i swear i was picked up and moved to a safe spot..oh then i got off my bike and kissed the fooking ground..oh the guy driving the van never even slowed down or stoped
you're welcome! :D
seriously though...glad you made it through that...you couldnt have timed that better. Not your time to go.

#5 ·
I had a friend who crashed his R6 going ~200kmph in around Cultus one night... he binned it (high-side IIRC) and flew through the air and landed in a ditch, rolling and tumbling till he stopped in the ditch. He says he felt like someone picked him up and guided him into the ditch. Same freaky feeling/sense. :D

He only had a broken leg, but it was so minor that he didn't find out until the next day.

Crazyyyy.

--Kibb

#8 ·
The first time I felt the hand of God would have been when I first cranked the throttle and His hand smacked me across the ass and blasted me down the highway.

Seriously though, neat story. Sounds like you've luck on your side, and someone looking over your shoulder. You were mm away from someone posting another RIP thread.

#10 ·
Yes, it was probably god that reached down and saved you.

I mean, you're just such a good person that even though you were riding a sportbike, arguably picking your own destiny, god took some time out of his schedule to save your ass. On the other hand, 10's of thousands of children die each day of starvation but the big guy can't be bothered to lift a finger for them.

Gotta love you religious nuts.

#11 ·
I've experienced stuff like that. I have even seen it done to other riders.

I watched a guy go down in Langley and Gasman was hot on his tail . All of a sudden there was a huge cloud of dust. Gasman's tailight was 6 feet or more in the air( I thought he hit the other biker and flipped ) then all of a sudden the dust cleared . Gasman was still on his wheels a head of the crashed rider. The crashed riders bike instead of sliding straight into a mess of barbed wire it slid around the corner and by all laws of physics it should have slid straight not in an arc.

I've also experienced that slow motion feeling in a crash. Can't explain it but it's real. My theory is that that's the point in your life of maximum survival . Nothing else matters but surviving . So your focus is purely on saving yourself so everything else does not matter and things slow down but really your just more focused.

#15 ·
It just seems odd that if you're going to pick completely unsupported and frankly pretty creative explanations for strange perceptions during a panic situation, then why stick to god?

Maybe you drove through an interdimentional time rift.
Maybe aliens transported you away and later returned you.
Maybe a leprechaun fealt sorry for you and saved your ass.

Or maybe, just maybe, the near accident and resulting slower perception of time confused your senses and you weren't really moved a few feet away at all. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.