ok, i was riding for about 45mins today in low speed traffic with my highbeams on, and had my signals on whenever i needed them. When i got to my buddys house, i managed to stall. This is when the battery died on me. The battery was replaced this year, so i dont know what could be wrong. I have an aftermarket alarm, but since the remote broke, and i need to pick up a new one, i disconnected my alarm for the time being. So i dont think thats whats draining the power.
My buddy checked my battery voltage, and it showed somewhere from 12v-14v with the bike running. The voltage obviously changed as we revved it up and had lights going on and off.
Still managed to start it with a push start though.
Is this something serious that i should get checked out? or should i just leave the battery plugged in charging with a low voltage charger over night?
This is a 2003 cbr 600rr if it makes a difference.
oh yeah, when i got it home, i plugged the battery in to the charger, and it managed to hold charge. didnt have a problem shutting it off and starting it back up....its still plugged in at the momment.
I just dont want it to die on me again when im far from home.