BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

how many tank of gas from van to kelowna

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  speed381 
#1 ·
just wanted to know how many tanks of gas does it take to get to kelowna from vancouver for a 1000cc bike? thanks

#6 ·
if you go the "fun" way of:

Vancouver -> Hope -> Princeton -> Penticton -> Kelowna,,

It's about 454kms. You'll probably need 3 tanks of gas for sure, but it wont hurt to fill up wherever you stop. You'll probably want a break here and there in the larger cities.

The Penticton route ends off with a nice ride along the coast of the lake.

Taking the Coquihalla to Merritt then the 97C to Kelowna is shorter and faster, but if you're going to Kelowna anyways, you might as well ride the #3!

Actually I have yet to ride that road too,.. I've only driven the way back...

#14 ·
thats the perfect way to do it, each stop you shouldnt need more then like $9 of gas. if you take the hope-princeton, leave before 3, or else the sun sets right when you get to all the hairpin turns after merrit. when you stop in penticton, stop at the candian tire gas bar of the overpass by the river channal and have a SCREAMER! (or the can tire gas station in kel.)

#12 ·
eyah i've done it the long way.
Vancouver -> Hope -> Princeton -> Penticton -> Kelowna,,
by far van to hope was the least interesting.
2 -3 tanks, plus, you really want to take a rest.. your arse will hurt after a while.

#15 ·
I did this ride last weekend. Left with a full tank, topped up in Hope ($7), Princeton ($12), Keromeos Bypass to Penticton and straight on through to Kelowna and filled up there again before leaving. On a 17L tank I could stop only in Princeton but with the warm temperatures it nice to stop for some water and stretch the legs for 10 mins.

#16 ·
i must say it was a awsome ride up here,i made it up here with filling up only 2 times the rode was awsome no cars on the hwy once i passed hope the hwy was all mine and the twisties was just awsome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.