Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Suzuki TL1000R

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Suzuki TL1000S

Votes: 5 6.3%

What should my next bike be?

2K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  twins_sniwt 
#1 ·
Just gathering opinions and I figured a poll would be the simplest way. Above are the bikes I'm looking at.

#7 ·
RC51 got my vote,
but if all you are looking for is poser points, use the poll to help you decide.

But if you are a rider, it depends what kinda of riding you do.
If you do a lot of city riding, a RC51 is not the bike.
Unless you like going around the block in first gear.

#8 ·
Well, you haven't specified what kind of riding you do mostly - city riding, commuting, sport touring, track days, etc. So it's difficult to say what's the logical choice here without more information about what you want out of a bike.

Otherwise, people are just going to chime in on their fave choice but you might find that any of these particular bikes won't suite your style of riding.

As a parallel, you might ask what kind of groceries you should get on your next trip to the grocery store. Without knowing more about your diet, how could anyone suggest what sort of groceries you might want to eat.

So, as just a stab in the dark, IMO the CBR900RR is the best all around motorcycle for versatility.

The XZ7 and RC51 will be the least comfortable for commuting or touring.

The VTR is the easiest bike to ride for ergonomics but the build quality and component quality is the poorest out of all of your choices.

The hooligan factor is greatest on the TLS.

The deep down feeling of enormous testicles is greatest on the TLR.

Hope this helps.

#9 ·
:evilgrin

agreed!! tough to say not knowing you, i just love the RC.. its funny to see it on tv shows where the pretty boy always picks up his 'older' girl friend off for a spin, n shes never wearing any gear!! cept for a helmut ofcourse.!!! lmao!! posers!!! not really the best bike for 2 up or commuttin' though!! always committed race stance!!

#10 ·
OK, Well I don't carry passengers (takes the fun out of riding). I commute every day on my bike from the Lougheed Mall area to either North Van, Richmond or Kits. I ride the rain/winter as well, though if the weather is really bad, or I need to bring a bunch of stuff I take the car. On the weekends I like to take trips up the sunshine coast or Van Isl where I know a lot of twisty roads on the way to my buddy's cabin.
My current bike is too big, too heavy and too slow-steering to be any fun on twisty roads.
I'm also 6'2" and 225lbs, so I need a bike that is not built for midgets (like all the 600s seem to be)

#13 ·
Frankly if it's mostly for comutting then I'd have to vote "none of the above" with the possible exception of the VTR which is pretty nice generally for street riding. The other options are more exotic and offer far more sex appeal but the gleam will soon evaporate in a smoke of knee, backside and wrist pain.

But if you also do some longer sporty rides then I'd suggest looking at Pete's Tiller. It's super clean and nicely kept.

#17 ·
It's brute force way down low, but has the legs up in high end of the RPM to ward off CBR riders.

The brakes are an easy 2 finger operation, unless your a white collar guy then 3.

It's heavy... it's a bit of a tank to ride fast but easy to ride under the 160's It's not as heavy as your bike. :laughing

It sounds like a V8 monster grumbling on off idle and when you open it up it strikes fear in the rider beside you. It eats gas like an alcoholic 180 per tank.

Speaking of alcohol you can fit a 2 liter cooler and a bag of chips in the trunk... name any other popular sport rider at a party than that.

The clipons are raised to the max height via personally modified Wood craft clipons so your back don't hurt as much (originals included)

Go on ask me why i'm selling.:devillook

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....let me thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik?

dual purpose...

bye!

#23 ·
If you don't mind a little road rash buy Raphael's he won't be using it soon :laughing

#26 ·
about commuting.. RC's have useable trunk space where you can fit a lot of crap in there. Tools, PCIII, A U lock, 6 pack of beer or take-out food, and a map probably. Alrite the seats not the best, but theres that corbin in the buy and sell section right now, and some aftermarket clip-ons should do the trick.

#33 ·
I've had the RC51 and VTR 1000. For serious riding, get the RC. Best bike I ever owned until I got the 999S. Only down side is that it's super stability doesn't make it the most nimble in corners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.