I love Vancouver

Thread: I love Vancouver

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    R6, F4 stunter

I love Vancouver

Something to remind us why we put up with the crazy ppl...

It's late afternoon, nothin' doin', so I thought I'd do some exploring south of the border. No destination in mind but when I saw the exit for Birch Bay I wondered what it was like. Turns out it's basically another version of Point Roberts but not as kooky (no crazy hippie cottages or stuff like that). The waves and lack of noise was so relaxing, it totally chilled me.

Cool place to visit at the drop of a hat, and that's my point. We get the big city life AND all these awesome little hideouts/mini-getaways at our feet (Birch Bay, Point Roberts, Whistler, Harrison, Deep Cove, Belcarra, Steveston, Bowen Island, the Gulf Islands, I'll even throw in Crescent Beach, Horseshoe Bay and Tofino).

This is why I'm here. Can I get a witness!

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    anyone I can lean against
    Birch Bay is can be part of a really nice ride. It''s noted in Destinations Highways and it can be the start of a really nice ride starting there, then going to Chuckanut and then over to Sedro Wooley, then down the River Rd. to Rockport, maybe Arlington, etc. It's often ignored riding through Washington getting to other places but it is definately worth checking out.

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    I found Birch Bay on accident during a ride one day, much like what you mentioned with your experience.

I was all like... "who knew?"
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson

North Vancouver
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    ++ we have world class hookers
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it