BC dual purpose bike website?

Thread: BC dual purpose bike website?

Ashcroft, BC
    2008 GSXR 1000

BC dual purpose bike website?

Hello all.
    Does anyone know if there is a website similar to this one that caters to people who ride dual purpose bikes such as DRZ's and XR's etc in BC?
    I found a nice one called thumpertalk.com. but everything seems to revolve around the US.
    I want to buy a dual purpose bike for some trail riding and fire roads, but I'd like to read up a little more one what kind I'll be getting. I've got it narrowed down to either a DRZ400 or a XR650R I think.
    I know quite a bit about sportbikes, but basically nothing about dual purpose bikes.
    Wayne Little
    Hinton, AB

2. Remove Advertisements

Slim Shadetree

Lower Mainland

forums Great White North or thumpers
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    The dualsportbc.com one is the forum for a local club so I'm not sure it'll help you much since you're in Alberta.

The advrider.com one is good as well as www.thumpertalk.com .

DRZ and XR650R are two VERY different bikes. The DRZ is very beginner and casual rider friendly while the XR is a much more performance oriented machine. I just had a chance to try a couple of DRZ's on the motard track and they are nice bikes with decent but not great power but they are very easy to be comfortable on in a hurry. The XR being much more a race bike will probably have more of an edge to the power delivery. That's fine if you're skilled but it can be a bit tricky on slippery stuff if you don't have the skills to modulate the throttle carefully.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

2005 CBR 600RR
    Go with the HUSKY TE 610 it's lighter , double the horesepower of a DRZ, electric start , better handling, 6 speed transmission and can cruise on a highway barely off idle at 120 kmh and there only $7899