Doctors refusing care due to faith issues.

Thread: Doctors refusing care due to faith issues.

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole

Doctors refusing care due to faith issues.

I saw this on the news yesterday and it fucking made me ill.

Certain doctors in the US are refusing patient care due to their faith.

Example, a lesbian couple wants to have a child- the said doctor wont artificialy prego one of the parteners becsue they are lesbians.

Some patients dont get care becuse they dont share the christian faith.

I dont think doctors should be allowed to pull this shit on people, there was some cock sucker on cnn yesterday from the Christian (ASS)ociation of doctors and made all these remarks how they bascially can avoid giving care to ppl they dont find suitable. Excuse was that the patient can go to another clinic, etc. WEll fuck, if somone has a fucking reebar stuck through them and it so happens that they are gay, there really isnt time to drive around town to find a medic that is "OK" with the "lifestyle" or better yet the "HUMAN".

I think thats pretty fucking shitty, its like refusing service to somone cuz of their skin color, i'm not really amazed that this shit happens, but i'm pretty fucking dissapointed, were still fucking animals, so sad.

discuss bitches
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Bike
    HIS: 05 BANDIT 650S, HERS: 04 GS500F
    I waited for a friggin HOUR once at a walk-in clinic because i'd screwed up and forgotten to renew my birth control prescription. I finally get in to see the doctor and she refuses to write the prescription because her "personal beliefs forbid birth control". Huh? I went berserk but nothing would sway her - even mention of what I what I'd be back to her clinic for should I find myself knocked up..
    I had to go to another clinic, wait again, then of course was given what I needed - the other doctor had never heard of such silliness.

Okay, if I was in a clinic in like Vatican City or the middle east I'd have to understand but F, here, in Canada?? WTF is that?

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    ok sat, but how exactly did you get that rebar stuck up your ass?
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    that's sad, they shouldn't really be allowed to discriminate.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

myside.yourside.myside Array bluenote's Avatar
    Bike
    sold :/
    it's lame, but you can't force someone to do something against their beliefs. especially when its elective/non emergency.

African BCSB Rep. Array PitScar's Avatar
    Bike
    Nothing :( SStolen DRZ400S. Previously 2007 Suzuki TF-125, DRZ350SE, and 81 KX125
    Kinda agree, but it doesnt sound like they're discriminating against involuntary procedures (like injuries). They are bound by some doctor's code to provide care in those instances, but this other stuff isn't exactly life threatening or anything. Voluntary pregnancy to lesbos and other stuff like that directly flies in the face of a lot of religions, and my respect to anyone who can stand up for what they believe. Its true that there are plenty of places to get it done, but at the end of the day if you're religious and helping people to do things you don't believe in, well, you believe you're going someplace else afterwards where excuses don't mean much and you're accountable for what you've done with your life.

If religious doctor's suddenly start not treating patients who are dying of aids or a gay person with a bad cold, then that's crossing the line. But it just sounds like this is voluntary stuff, and if it went against what I believed I wouldn't do it either.
    Stuck in Africa. Follow here or here.

_f_,_ _f_,_
    (_)`(_) (_)`(_) Sweet I drew bikes.

Bike
    ZX10R
    Quote Originally Posted by PitScar View Post
    Kinda agree, but it doesnt sound like they're discriminating against involuntary procedures (like injuries). They are bound by some doctor's code to provide care in those instances, but this other stuff isn't exactly life threatening or anything. Voluntary pregnancy to lesbos and other stuff like that directly flies in the face of a lot of religions, and my respect to anyone who can stand up for what they believe. Its true that there are plenty of places to get it done, but at the end of the day if you're religious and helping people to do things you don't believe in, well, you believe you're going someplace else afterwards where excuses don't mean much and you're accountable for what you've done with your life.

If religious doctor's suddenly start not treating patients who are dying of aids or a gay person with a bad cold, then that's crossing the line. But it just sounds like this is voluntary stuff, and if it went against what I believed I wouldn't do it either.

I agree. Only when its an emergancies, etc. But if a Lesbian whats to get pregnant, she should go and have sex with man. The last time I checked, thats how women have babies.

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    first of all, care is care. Doesnt matter if its life threatening or not. They are a medical doctor, job is to provide care otherwise what the fuck are they doing in the field. Its like having a police officer choosing not to arrest a bad guy cuz hes a certain type... it sounds foolish and wrong.

The point is, now its this type of shit but whats stoping a doctor from providing serious care??? Completely nothing.
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Bike
    Inbetween bikes now. Thanks for bringing up bad feelings.
    Hippocratic Oath taken from Wikipedia

I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:
    To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art - if they desire to learn it - without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but no one else.

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfill this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot.
    Life is an STD with no cure and 100% fatality rate.

Registered User Array Not Enough Time's Avatar
    Bike
    ZZR250 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Create A Ruckus View Post
    I went berserk but nothing would sway her - even mention of what I what I'd be back to her clinic for should I find myself knocked up..
    I had to go to another clinic, wait again, then of course was given what I needed - the other doctor had never heard of such silliness.
    I bet the doctor still billed medicare for your visit. Last I read - the doctor's obligation is to provide you with the needed prescription. Please file a complaint about the doctor with the college of physicians and surgeons.

https://www.cpsbc.ca/cps/patient_res...ts/medicalcare

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Bike
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    Me thinks a lot of folks forget that America is one of the staunchest, most religiously conservative countries in the world, parallel in many ways to any middle eastern country. It's just that Christian piety feels more familiar than Muslim religious piety.

Remember that most homosexual acts are still considered a felony in almost all of the states of the Union. Oral sex (even hetro) for instance in Louisiana is a 'Crime Against Nature' and considered a felony. You can literally go to jail for receiving or giving a blow job.

Hell, alcohol was illegal in the U.S. for almost 20 years.
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    yz250f
    I thought "American christians"(LOL) didnt BELIEVE in science? HOW the fuck did they become doctors?

You like popsicles? Array Hogie's Avatar
    Bike
    huh?
    go to this link for a mind blowing experience:
    http://www.fstdt.com/
    aka
    "Fundies Say the Darndest Things!"

Go to the link, seriously, SERIOUSLY!!! Top 100!!!

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    what the hell is a fundy?
    -
    -
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Never mind I get it now. I'm kinda slow.
    -
    -
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it