Tire question (Warning rant alert)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tire question (Warning rant alert)

Registered User Array
    Bike
    03 honda 600 rr

Tire question (Warning rant alert)

Now my question is i ran flat on my brand new pilot power tire at about 60kms to 0 do i replace or can i still have it patched there doesnt look like any damage besides the nail hole but i really dont wanna replace it but i still am afraid of a blow out
    i really really dont wanna to buy a new tire also where is a good place i can go tommorw sunday i dont know any places open
    thanks

**edited my long ass rant double post out sorry about that***
    Last edited by rr600; 08-11-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: double post

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    Bike
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury
    Just to make you feel shittier, I am sure Bill at 5th Gear (or Imperial) could have beaten the $450 USD price.

I would have someone physically inspect to tire to see if there is any damage - but bike tires are surprisingly durable.

The new Pattison Suzuki on Kingsway is open on Sundays, but I believe only the sales dept is open / no service dept til Monday.

When you get to a shop, buy a tire repair kit - roadside repairs are easy and quick and it would have saved any further damage to the tire (and you wouldn't have to use that nasty sealant shit) as long as the nail is not in the sidewall.

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    rr600 double posting on this forum is frowned upon. I just posted a similar response to Thumper8's in another thread on the same incident.

You definately want to shop at 5th Gear for tires next time around. They have good pricing on Pilot Powers and Pirelli Diablos. Both are excellent tires.

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 8 View Post
    Just to make you feel shittier, I am sure Bill at 5th Gear (or Imperial) could have beaten the $450 USD price.
    I was thinking that too....
    Portfolio Site:
    TenguArtwork.com

Registered User Array
    Bike
    03 honda 600 rr
    Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    rr600 double posting on this forum is frowned upon. I just posted a similar response to Thumper8's in another thread on the same incident.

You definately want to shop at 5th Gear for tires next time around. They have good pricing on Pilot Powers and Pirelli Diablos. Both are excellent tires.
    edited sorry about that

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by rr600 View Post
    edited sorry about that
    I'd stick with a plug and put 10k on one of my rear tires with one. You will of course get lots of conflicting advice on how reliable a plug is.
    Portfolio Site:
    TenguArtwork.com

Registered User Array
    Bike
    03 honda 600 rr
    this is what i have to say about my old crappy dunlops

(in the parking lot before i got my tires replaced haha)

they where still smoking when i brought it in the shop

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    The only time a Dunlop will bring a smile to your face
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Bike
    05 CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by rr600 View Post
    Now my question is i ran flat on my brand new pilot power tire at about 60kms to 0 do i replace or can i still have it patched there doesnt look like any damage besides the nail hole but i really dont wanna replace it but i still am afraid of a blow out
    i really really dont wanna to buy a new tire also where is a good place i can go tommorw sunday i dont know any places open
    thanks

**edited my long ass rant double post out sorry about that***
    i got 6000 km on a can of inflate + seal, and 3 plugs.. as long as the nail hole is somewhere near the center i would have no problem using it.. plug kit can buy from alot of gas stations or crappy tire

Bike
    03 GiX sIx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciebien View Post
    i got 6000 km on a can of inflate + seal, and 3 plugs.. as long as the nail hole is somewhere near the center i would have no problem using it.. plug kit can buy from alot of gas stations or crappy tire
    +1, had a similar situation and did the same thing
    mattering on the location of the nail, closer to the center the better

but sometimes it's safer to get a new tire......

good luck, hopefully you don't have to get an another new one

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    plug it and dont worry about it...I've ridden through manning park at 200KM per hour back in 97 on my gixxer 1100 with a melted plastic coffee stir stick from macdonalds in my rear tire to plug a hole...
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.

Bike
    unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by slowzuki View Post
    plug it and dont worry about it...I've ridden through manning park at 200KM per hour back in 97 on my gixxer 1100 with a melted plastic coffee stir stick from macdonalds in my rear tire to plug a hole...
    i can never tell if your posts are true or joking around. cause i'd love to know how to macgyver a stir stick into a tire plug that lasts longer than it takes to get out of the parking lot.

Bike
    Fast and Shiny
    Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    i can never tell if your posts are true or joking around.
    LOL! You can't make that shit up

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    Quote Originally Posted by slowzuki View Post
    Just cos you did it, doesn't mean it's a good idea Stick with mushrooms - they plug better than McD's, unless you're talking about the food ...
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    i can never tell if your posts are true or joking around. cause i'd love to know how to macgyver a stir stick into a tire plug that lasts longer than it takes to get out of the parking lot.
    there are some old school riders on this site that were there with me that day back ten years ago so ...melted it with a lighter and crammed it in ...
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.