1999 GSX-R 750 Ya or Na, should I buy?

Thread: 1999 GSX-R 750 Ya or Na, should I buy?

Question 1999 GSX-R 750 Ya or Na, should I buy?

How's going everybody,

At the moment I'm looking at buying a another bike. The one I have my eyes on is a 1999 GSX-R 750 (SRAD). It's had a recent tune-up, consisting of new brakes, rear tire, sprockets and chain and the bike has 22000kms.

I'm just wondering what you guys think of this model? Maintence issues, realiabilty, handling, power, that sort of crap?

I have done some specification research, and read internet reviews. But I just want to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

2000 CBR 929RR (Angelique)
    These didn't change much until '94 or '95. (I think) '99 was much lighter than the later models. They got progressively heavier until they were revamped in '96. They have a lower saddle and a lower center of gravity than today's models. At the time they were top of line. The only competition they had was the ZX-7.
    She's got really low km's for a '99. This leads me to believe that she may have sat for a while. Check for dry gaskets and tires. Good battery? Starts ok? Chain and sprocket? All that used bike stuff.
    Bottom line is that if the price is right, that looks like a pretty nice bike.
    My shoulder check IS my turn signal.