leather vs. synthetic jackets?

Thread: leather vs. synthetic jackets?

1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250

leather vs. synthetic jackets?

hello! stupid newbie question...

looking for a motorcycle jacket and I'm wondering if anyone could give me the pros and cons of getting a leather vs. a synthetic jacket?

2. Remove Advertisements

'00 Yamaha R6
    leather provides a lot more protection vs synthetic if you hit the ground and especially if you slide.

Synthetic jackets tend to breathe better. having said that my synthetic isn't all that great for cooling....lol.

It's a Honda!!!
    not a stupid newbie question at all. i have leathers, synthetic and mesh. when it rains or gets cold i put on my synthetics cause the liner keeps me warm and my synthetic keeps me dry. when it is really hot then i wear my mesh of course and it has armour. i usually wear my leathers most of the time. remember to find something that fits you well and you feel comfortable.
    Life cannot be taught. Life can only be experienced.

"You get there when you get there!!"

Maple Ridge
    2007 GSX-R750
    Jo, you can try and find the best of both worlds. I currently have a Shift leather jacket, the SR-1, the inner faces on the arms are almost elastic-like and breathe very well, and there's also several perforations to allow for some air flow / cooling. Good luck!
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line