need some info/opinions..

Thread: need some info/opinions..

no more bike...

need some info/opinions..

Well, with any luck I should be in the market for another bike pretty soon. Basically I got a pretty good idea of what I want, either another 600RR (I had an '05 before it was stolen), or possibly an RC51. Yes, I like Hondas. What I want to know is how much different is the RC51? Besides the obvious things like the engine and displacement differences. How do the typical things like handling, power delivery, and ergonomics compare between the two bikes? Just want to see what you guys have to say about it. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Uh yeah big difference between the two. 600cc i4 vs. a 1000cc v2. the v2 will be lower reving and putting down more torque obviously, which in the city is more fun imo, but can be tricky in the rain. the rc51 will feel tall and narrow, and has more aggressive ergonomics. It also has side mounted rads which get pretty hot in the traffic and can be expensive if tipped over. It will also have a tall first gear which can be a pain. Handling is good but can take a bit of setup to get right.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    the RC51 feels like a whale during slow manoeuvering compared to the 600RR
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves