Someone stole my license plate??!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Someone stole my license plate??!

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696

Someone stole my license plate??!

So someone stole my license plate off my bike, right on my driveway tonight, sometime between 9 and 11. Pretty brazen! All the lights in my house were on and windows look right over the driveway! I'm just glad the bike is still there, but now I'm worried it's getting scoped out.

I wonder what my plate is up to right now...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    pedalling like a madman
    call the cops right away and report it, the non-emergency

good chance your plate is on a stolen bike at this moment being driven around, maybe you can get your plate and someones toy back all in one go

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzic View Post
    call the cops right away and report it, the non-emergency

good chance your plate is on a stolen bike at this moment being driven around, maybe you can get your plate and someones toy back all in one go

oh yea, i reported it to police immediately when i noticed it was gone.

BMW meet Buster Array katana1150's Avatar
    Bike
    98 tiller
    And for godssake make sure your bike is locked up like fort knox or it will be the next thing that goes missing right out from under your nose!!!!
    A religious war is simply a battle to see who has the best imaginary friend
    Laws without consequences are simply suggestions
    I drive a Dodge Ram3500 Dually, Go ahead and cut me off with your pretty little Audi or BMW! if we connect...........I WIN!

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by katana1150 View Post
    And for godssake make sure your bike is locked up like fort knox or it will be the next thing that goes missing right out from under your nose!!!!
    You guys are all thinking along the same wave-length as me.

I usually park my bike in my carport where it's pretty much out of sight, but as soon as I noticed the plate was gone, it's pretty obvious someone has scoped the bike out. I moved it into my fenced backyard, and then within my fenced yard I also have another chainlink fenced smaller section with a gate...I think the previous owner used it as an area for their dog. Well, it now is home to my bike, and that gate is also locked with a chain and padlock. Plus the usual disc lock.

So, if the guy was scoping it out for stealing, he'll now have to get through two locked fences and the disc lock. Good luck doing that without getting my dog curious. It'll be a pain in the ass getting the bike out of there every day, but I guess it's better than not having the bike at all. I gotta figure something out though, because being stored in this location it's now open to the elements...might have to build a little home for it there.

Registered User Array dexter302's Avatar
    Bike
    its fast....
    i dont think if someone was scoping it out to steal it,, they would raise suspicion by taking your plate first. most likly it is just put on a stolen bike to joyride around on. But good on you to take extra precautions anyways..

Bike
    2004 kawi 636
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter302 View Post
    i dont think if someone was scoping it out to steal it,, they would raise suspicion by taking your plate first. most likly it is just put on a stolen bike to joyride around on. But good on you to take extra precautions anyways..
    You might think differently if it was your plate.

myside.yourside.myside Array bluenote's Avatar
    Bike
    sold :/
    nobody just steals a license plate if what they want is the bike.
    it's going on an already-stolen bike. you can rest easy for the most part -- at least, don't worry overmuch. if you have reasonable extra precautions sleep peacefully.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter302 View Post
    i dont think if someone was scoping it out to steal it,, they would raise suspicion by taking your plate first.

Good point. Ah well....bike is still here this morning, so I'm happy!

Registered User Array 600RRfromHELL's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 600RR
    woot.. lol do u know what the plate was?? incase we run into him.. LOL THERE COULD BE A CHANCE!!!!

Happy Camper Array BlackScorpion's Avatar
    Purgasurrey Sportbike: GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9, 2003 Derbi SuperMoto Xtreme Posts:1,000,016!!
    Bike
    GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9 Posts:1,000,012!!
    Might not necessarily go on a stolen bike. Could be someone that just didn't feel like insuring their own legitimate bike.

Just be aware that with the plate gone, if your bike is still on a public street, you can get a ticket or towed for "failure to display valid number plates".

Go spend the $18 for new plates as soon as you can. You'll need the police file number to take to ICBC.
    Team Troll
    "Happy New Ear!" - Mike Tyson.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackScorpion View Post
    Might not necessarily go on a stolen bike. Could be someone that just didn't feel like insuring their own legitimate bike.

Just be aware that with the plate gone, if your bike is still on a public street, you can get a ticket or towed for "failure to display valid number plates".

Go spend the $18 for new plates as soon as you can. You'll need the police file number to take to ICBC.
    Bike was moved immediately into my backyard as mentioned above, but is never parked right on the street anyhow...plates were stolen from on my driveway.

I've already got a new plate as well....first thing I did this morning. 18 bucks later....wish i knew who to send the bill to.

RIP guthrie and lisa Array jacky's Avatar
    Bike
    2006CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    So someone stole my license plate off my bike, right on my driveway tonight, sometime between 9 and 11. Pretty brazen! All the lights in my house were on and windows look right over the driveway! I'm just glad the bike is still there, but now I'm worried it's getting scoped out.

I wonder what my plate is up to right now...

your lucky you have a bike doode
    Banhammer OlympicsBanhammer OlympicsBanhammer A million $ body and a food stamp face OlympicsBanhammer OlympicsBanhammer Olympics

Registered User Array 600RRfromHELL's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 600RR
    WOW... omg.. everytime i see that quote...;
    "Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z"
    I like literally die of laughter and coem back to life.. LOL!!! WOW.. amazing whereyou get that from jacky???

Bike
    Honda. Still. Again.
    Y'all are not thinking like thieves.
    Lazy is what they are, every last one of 'em.

Stealing plates is not a precursor to stealing the motorcycle.
    Plates with valid stickers got credibility....in other words, one glance at a plate with a valid sticker, and most law enforcement types look away. So our thieving bastard (fellow motorcyclist) who is to cheap to buy his own insurance (no money, big debts, too many points) simply steals a plate and rides around, reducing the risk of getting tagged.

Wasn't is Freud who told his daughter, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?"