laguna seca GP 2008 trip cost?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: laguna seca GP 2008 trip cost?

return of the Kneedragger Array warp9racing's Avatar
    Bike
    07 zx6r

laguna seca GP 2008 trip cost?

hi guys, this is more of a question for those that have been...

me and the GF wanna plan to head to the laguna seca GP round next year. I was just wondering what the cost we'd be looking at? how much were tickets to the event? did it include AMA races? How much were the flights>what travel agency did you book with ?where did you stay? etc.
    i just wanna know so i can start saving. thanks!
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

Berik-Shark-Astars-Sidi-Icon-Teknic-UnderAmour

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Ride the winds of change Array scooter's Avatar
    Bike
    Adventure and Sport
    I camped for 3 days then moteled it. 2 weeks

6K $300 gas

Souvenires, meals not much else a $1700 cost.

This is high and I'm not really sure were all my money went.

I think a general admission ticket is $150 and camping another $150 Fox Hill.

Bike
    husqvarna 510 smr
    $90 3 day admission includes eveything ama races, gp races
    $50 paddock pass
    $25 sunday grand stands turn 4 or 11

$300 plane ticket (air canada)
    $300-400 / night hotel

meals - $300 for the weekend
    spending money - up to you....

Bike
    Motorcycle
    2 seats turn 4 box 1000 US (includes 2 breakfasts and lunches parking at your box

Motel in Carmel 220US night times 5

Trip up and back a week to tour down 2 days back

4 t shirts 100 dollars

I am too old to camp
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Registered User Array LimitedEdition's Avatar
    Bike
    Japanese Twin
    Hey Everyone,

I'm planning on buying some tix to this 2008 MotoGP and have some questions.

1. Are there tour buses that leave to and from San Francisco?

2. Is there any type of free parking in the area?

3. In your opinion, is going on Sunday only a good enough experience? I saw the 2007 schedule and noticed the MotoGP party on Friday and a Hoobastank concert on Saturday. Is the schedule going to be in the same format (party/concert)?

4. How much time would it take to see all that the paddock has to offer?

5. What are some of the must see's and do's at this event? Other than witnessing Rossi resurrect his career!

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    myself and a couple others will be riding down to the 2008 GP. should be fun times. haven't totally decided if it will be camping or moteling it but either way i'd do the whole weekend and not just sunday.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

DPT Downtown Poser Team Array Bluepill's Avatar
    Bike
    beater piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEdition View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I'm planning on buying some tix to this 2008 MotoGP and have some questions.

1. Are there tour buses that leave to and from San Francisco?

2. Is there any type of free parking in the area?

3. In your opinion, is going on Sunday only a good enough experience? I saw the 2007 schedule and noticed the MotoGP party on Friday and a Hoobastank concert on Saturday. Is the schedule going to be in the same format (party/concert)?

4. How much time would it take to see all that the paddock has to offer?

5. What are some of the must see's and do's at this event? Other than witnessing Rossi resurrect his career!
    free parking where? SFO hell no. not even hotels. they charge you like $40 a day to park at their hotel because you're their guest....otherwise $60 or something.

parking at Laguna Seca......go to the laguna seca website and see the instructions....

Sunday only is hell no not enough for sure. there are so much to see at the Yamaha Market Place which offers tons of vendors with things on special!! bring lots $$$ you can even ship your stuff back by UPS. they have a booth there, too.

Paddock pass is......sort of worth it. you can see all the AMA team stuff but you can't really see MotoGP stuff other than just the entrance. well you can see the racers passing by before/after the practice/qualifying and races.

Bike
    beater piece of shit
    the total expense incurred was well over $2500......

hotels, seca tickets (3 day admission, sat+sun grandstands, paddock pass, parade lap tix)......the hotel at Monterey is fucking expensive, period. $450/night for 3 star piece of shit inn. they surely know when to rip you off.

SFO was surely worth it to stay for at least 2 nights. lots to see and you may want to consider going to the Alcatraz. The ROCK. You NEED to book it months in advance in order to get the TICKETS!! otherwise they sold out!!

AMA have their superstock race on Saturday and Superbike on Sunday after the GP. both were worth watching.

by the way, the cost was a little high coze i rode down there for a 12 day trip. totally worth it. i don't care it costs more it's 1000 times more fun than flying down there. oh btw, i stayed in hotels and inns. i don't camp, that's why it's more pricy....
    Last edited by Bluepill; 11-07-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    The motoGP trip for myself was one of the cheapest trips I have ever taken. I was a corner worker at the event. Free parking, free camping, and best of all the best seats in the house with an all access pass to everywhere. Ideally that is the way to the motogp

However, your best bet is to buy your tickets and camp. Camping is ALOT cheaper than getting a hotel. It will cut your costs significantly. Camping sells out fast so buy the passes now. If you can ride down. The California roads are some of the best in the world. It almost ruins you for riding here in BC.
    Last edited by elevation; 11-05-2007 at 11:49 AM.

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    Last yar I think my total was aroun $2400 for everything. Dont let that scare ya off though- I bought a premium pit row suit ticket.

Flight from seattle to san jose (rtn) - $700.-
    Hotel in Salinas (4 nights) - $700.-
    3 day car rental - forget
    Food and such - dunno
    Pit Row Suit- LOL LOTS!!!!

I walked around the paddock lots each day escept for the Sunday, it was good to get everything out of the way befoer the huge crowds. Walked around the track watching the action during practise Saturday, that was fun. Pretty much stuck to the Pit Row area on Sunday. Place was a zoo Sunday, the foot bridges over the track were stupid busy (AKA Port Mann on a BAD day).

I wont be there this year as we are planning a road trip within BC this summer. I do plan on being there 2009 though and we will ride down, Ive always wanted to ride down there and everyone that has says it is amazing.

Would I go again? You bet!! Though Ive stayed in the fancy seat once so I would just get a regular pass with maybe a grandstand option, turn 4 or 5 would be great.

Bike
    Japanese Twin
    Ticket Pricing
    http://www.laguna-seca.com/Tickets/i...ets&EventID=22

Harley Rentals
    http://www.harleymc.com/rates.html
    The rates seem pretty cheap

Found this "Shuttle Service" from Sanjose and SFO to Monterey Bay but the rates make driving and parking a smarter choice.
    http://www.montereyairbus.com/

Monterey Public Transit Map
    http://www.mst.org/maps/9-1-07/Web_Monterey%20Map.pdf

As a "redflagdeals" themed post =) Parking is $50 for the weekend, but I notice the parade lap option for $75 includes motorcycle parking for the weekend on top of the guided lap on the track. Seems like a great deal for people who are already dropping the $$$ bomb on this event and want to get the most out of it.

I'm pretty excited. I stayed with my gut feeling on spending the Sunday only for the MotoGP race. I'm pretty sure that a half day for me will be enough for the paddocks and if it isn't, I'll be sure to make a fuller weekend of this event in the future. I'm also planning to stay in San Jose while in California.

So total damage isn't that bad here. As an example of a thrifty way to get a little GP action my total came to $155 + costs of getting there, food, accommodations, and entertainment.

Breaking it down:
    $55 Sunday General Admission
    $25 Sunday Grandstand Turn 4
    $50 Paddock Pass
    $25 1/2 Parking Pass

Bike
    Honda. Still. Again.
    travel agents anyone?
    They do all the travel stuff for a living......

Bike
    Japanese Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdx View Post
    $90 3 day admission includes eveything ama races, gp races
    $50 paddock pass
    $25 sunday grand stands turn 4 or 11

$300 plane ticket (air canada)
    $300-400 / night hotel

meals - $300 for the weekend
    spending money - up to you....
    How do the grandstands work? It says "reserved" grandstand seating, but there's no rows or seat number after the online order. I'm beginning to think its reserved GENERAL seating.

And how do you guys get the special suites and or a/c rooms or other premium set-ups that don't seem to be listed on the website?

Also, what type of viewing areas are there for people without grandstand seats? I was reading blogs and people seem to be able to view the action from the camping areas and grasssy hill areas?

Bike
    beater piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEdition View Post
    How do the grandstands work? It says "reserved" grandstand seating, but there's no rows or seat number after the online order. I'm beginning to think its reserved GENERAL seating.

And how do you guys get the special suites and or a/c rooms or other premium set-ups that don't seem to be listed on the website?

Also, what type of viewing areas are there for people without grandstand seats? I was reading blogs and people seem to be able to view the action from the camping areas and grasssy hill areas?
    you call them and ask them what's available.......choose your own seats!

even without grandstand seats, there's plenty of good view spots available for free.....like the corkscrew.....!!!

Bike
    I just bought my tickets for Moto GP 2008
    3 day camping
    3 day general admission
    3 day paddock pass
    Parade Lap (gives you lakebed parking)
    Everything multiplied by 2 since there is 2 of us going for a grand total of $490.00 US
    About $500 in gas (full Size pickup truck)