leaking carb

Thread: leaking carb

Registered User Array
    '95 ninja 250

leaking carb

I've got a bike that's been sitting for a while (at least a year), and gas started leaking out of the caburator via the drainage hose. After doing a search on the web, I thought it might involve some blockage, so I decided to take it off and clean it. Cleaning went fine I think, considering I'm not mechanically inclined by nature, no mystery parts left over after putting it back together. The problem is, it still leaks. So now my question is, of course, why?

2. Remove Advertisements

06 R6 race, 09 R1 street
    Needs the needle valve that is attached to the float replaced. it is sticking at the moment, like a toilet not turning off
    Team Sidewayz Racing
    WMRC Expert #56
    RC51 SP-2 sponsored by...

Mspeed performance
    West Coast Superbike School
    Automation One

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    floats might need replacing and or the needle seats need to be cleaned. remove the needle and the seat and clean using a qtip, carb cleaner and compressed air. should be detailed instructions kicking around here somewhere as to exactly how to do it.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Quote Originally Posted by vangirl View Post
    Cleaning went fine I think, considering I'm not mechanically inclined by nature
    Please take it to 5thgear if you are not mechanically inclined by nature.

Imagine your bike stalling in the middle of a left turn with on coming traffic?