WTF... spanked by a car!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF... spanked by a car!

Get outta the fast lane!! Array westvan_dude's Avatar
    W. Van (obvious aint it?) LOL
    04' Suzuki SV1000S, 01' BMW K1200LT, 94' Suzuki Intruder 1400

Red face WTF... spanked by a car!

Ok... I don't have the fastest bike around but.... damn.... those Mercedes SL65 AMG coupes are pretty darn quick.

Upper Levels this a.m. He passed me first so I decided to stick with him. He passed another car on the right with clear sailing ahead so I followed. I think I was in fourth gear around 7000rpm where my power band hits. Couldn't catch him until stupid speed when he decided to slow down. Don't think I would have caught him otherwise.

Here's a writeup on the car if you want some good reading:

Not sure what the 0-60 time is but quarter mile comes up mid 11's with the right driver and enough traction. Over 600hp, 730ft.lbs.

Man... I need a Busa or Gixxer 1000. Doh.

Gotta balance my throttle bodies and do some tuning at the least.

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array
    05 ZZR250
    It's a pretty impressive car, I wouldn't feel bad.
    Twin turbo v-12
    Net power 604 hp @ 4,800 rpm
    Net torque 738 lb-ft @ 2,000 - 4,000 rpm

It's insane that the torque peak is noted over an RPM range!

fiddy stunter
    So you were street racing.....sort of......

Upper levels highway....Don't we ever learn from others getting caught doing such things.

I've been side by side with a newer M5 from about 120-240ish all through Canmore. Nothing new.

In the higher speeds, the 600's aren't that great

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Raced a lambo from the bottom of Cypress back down number one at about midnight on night - the only time he got me was from about 180k+. Ended up backing off shortly after that cos the traffic was starting to build up as we came towards Vancouver
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

I raced a 747 out of Richmond all the way out to Abbostford.
    I would have had him too if it wasn't for the traffic backed up at the MtLeaman Exit.

White Rock and Edmonton
    None at the moment
    I fooled around with a lot of cars when I had my 10R. Would usually keep it pretty short because I was nervous about getting pinched. But nothing beat me. Nothing even came close. Low speeds or high speeds. Man I loved that bike. To all the 04/05 10R's out there, enjoy them while you have them!!

Danger Zone!
    A bargin at $250K.

Yes cars are faster than bikes.

i woulda spanked his ass, and if you're gonna street race, id rather be the guy on the bike... the car always gets pinched

Dom: You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?
    Extra: You Tell him Dominic. Get out of here
    Dom: Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried.
    [closes bonnet of car]
    Dom: Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
    [Crowd cheers in agreement]

White Rock
    2007 Repsol CBR1000RR
    My business partner has a car that will take my brand new CBR1000RR on the highway. They do exist.

01' CBR600F4i
    Worked with a guy who had a street legal 68 firebird. runs in the low 9's on the street and 8.6 at the track in the 1/4mile. Never got beat by a bike from a light... now braking and corners are different.. haha..

Maple Ridge
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Corvette Z06 pulled on my 2000 R6 that isn't running the best of all time. Not much you can do, these high end cars are coming with more and more power and just can't be stopped!

a veyron will take a busa and make my bike look like its standing still... :O

2009 ZX10R
    From a standing start you'd have him, but once it's moving a fast car is a fast car.
    Now... bring me that horizon.