BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

not picking on this dude, but typical example of crazy prices !!!

5K views 60 replies 35 participants last post by  TeeTee 
#1 ·
http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91580

what would justify this price ?

I mean I could buy one of the brand new 600cc supersports for this price !!!

I think pattison kingsway has a GSXR 750 for 11,500 on sale.

will there ever be fair prices for used in Vancouver ? do you have to buy a bike in the dead of winter to get a killer deal ?

PS: and to the seller there, I am not picking on you... just used your thread as an example. Your bike is sick, I love that colorway of the 06 CBR !!!

#2 ·
This is why everyone should be buying in the US and bringing it up here. Eventually people will realize that they're asking 4k too much for their bike =P Maybe then people will start pricing their bikes at at least AROUND the price they're worth.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/405922078.html

07 RR with way less KM's and a tiny crack that could be fixed by Leedam for 200$ brought up to Canada for like 8,200 CDN.

just doesn't make sense to me.

#7 ·
Why should he have to base his selling price on the US market when he bought the bike in Canada? If you want the killer deal go buy in the States, it is a bit of hassel if you don't coordinate things properly but it's very easy to do.
I just got my bike from Texas and I saved approx 3k.

#8 ·
The bike prices are high as I look through the list of bikes forsale I see many that I think are over priced. I have my bike listed for sale but mine is according to book value and what I have it insured through ICBC. http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91293

The price is definitly cheaper to purchase a bike in the USA and import it. I also like to support my local dealer. If you purchase your bike and parts etc from your local dealer they give you dicounts off the sticker price. But if you start buying stuff from the states they charge the full pop. that's my opinion.

#10 ·
That's why you also purchase your parts online. A friend of mine bought her bike from a local dealer and he whined and pissed and moaned about giving her 10% off of stuff on the day of purchase. I know they have to make money too but most dealerships go out of their way to care for their customers because it's fairly easy to go to another shop.

#13 · (Edited)
it's still 12,300$ once you get through the tax and all the bullshit though.
It does sound appealing at 9,999 until all that comes in.

Why should he have to base his selling price on the US market when he bought the bike in Canada? If you want the killer deal go buy in the States, it is a bit of hassel if you don't coordinate things properly but it's very easy to do.
I just got my bike from Texas and I saved approx 3k.
Sorry I didn't make myself clear on that. He shouldn't I totally agree but he's like 3.5k too high on his price and it seems way too many people are pricing like this. Because of this I was suggesting skipping the overprice bullshit and buying from the US.

the bikes that r priced high wont get sold. theyll keep dropping the price till it does or theyll keep it, or just bringing to the dealer to sell.
No they won't get sold, however they do bump up the price of every bike like that sold from then on. People price their bikes on what everything else is selling for.

#19 ·
When you can pick up a brand new 07 for 9000 bucks, why would you pay 13 and change for an 06 with plenty of k's? An exhaust isn't worth that much - it'd better come with a hooker and whole load of cocaine !

#23 ·
Ya, your right. The hell with this over priced garbage!

I had a conversation with a guy at gas station the other day. He's selling his 03 cbr 600rr for $7500. I said to him; "Thats rather over priced, dont you think?" He replied; "No, because it's aftermarket parts".

Come on now, because your fucking bike has a full exhaust and a steering stablizer it's gonna be over market value, its an 03 for christ's sake.

We should all just stop buying any used bikes in BC!!!

Look at this recent add for example, its rebuild status and needs a paint job but still priced high:

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92037 :eek

#28 ·
I'd just use that as a guide and convert to canadian. There's guidelines there regarding expected anual milage etc too. Obviously iin BC, f it's a Landcruiser you have to mark up by around 300%, any other vehicle is marked up by about 50% ;)

#30 ·
book value..?

, kelly blue book..

ahh, so basically, the way i've worked it so far, when trading in dealer offers you US value on your bike + some bullshit $$ amount for your bike, and swears that is what its worth and finds or makes up a million reasons to prove his point... then turns around and cheerfully requests full CAD Retail - bullshit {deal!! deal!!} to get you to buy HIS motorbike!!

now tell me why i should drop my asking price by about 4 Grand when i had to pay full retail only a year ago!!! trying to find a balance in all this bull$hit is hard when you're realizing you're gonna get hosed one way or another!!!

so yes, 10500 for a year old bike from 2nd owner {trying to make money on the transaction i thinks} is just stupid!!

but when a first owner, such as myself, starts to look at having to take a 5 to 6 grand hit on a bike that is 17 months old just so he can make some snutt nosed kid happy!!!??? c'mon, get serious.. things are changing, they have to change, thats really the only way the market will survive, but dont expect it to flip on its head and do the cha cha for you over night either!! some of us actually know how to take care of our over-priced toys!! :2cents

ohhh, btw, i'm selling my over prized toy to go throw my money up against the wall and hope it sticks!!

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90370:devillook

#32 · (Edited)
, kelly blue book..

ahh, so basically, the way i've worked it so far, when trading in dealer offers you US value on your bike + some bullshit $$ amount for your bike, and swears that is what its worth and finds or makes up a million reasons to prove his point... then turns around and cheerfully requests full CAD Retail - bullshit {deal!! deal!!} to get you to buy HIS motorbike!!

now tell me why i should drop my asking price by about 4 Grand when i had to pay full retail only a year ago!!! trying to find a balance in all this bull$hit is hard when you're realizing you're gonna get hosed one way or another!!!

so yes, 10500 for a year old bike from 2nd owner {trying to make money on the transaction i thinks} is just stupid!!

but when a first owner, such as myself, starts to look at having to take a 5 to 6 grand hit on a bike that is 17 months old just so he can make some snutt nosed kid happy!!!??? c'mon, get serious.. things are changing, they have to change, thats really the only way the market will survive, but dont expect it to flip on its head and do the cha cha for you over night either!! some of us actually know how to take care of our over-priced toys!! :2cents

ohhh, btw, i'm selling my over prized toy to go throw my money up against the wall and hope it sticks!!

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90370:devillook
But see yours is overpriced by like 1k at least. it's got 38,000km's on it. Just cause you paid so and so doesn't mean it's worth that much. It just means you got ripped off.

Even here there are easy to find better deals
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/mcy/413691529.html
Way better.

I am selling my 2002 Honda F4i for $5000 with some extras and I still don't get any responses. It's one of the lowest costing F4i's for sale right now. This is just not the time to sell. I will be storing it and selling in March.

Its just a shitty time to sell a bike for whatever price it is!
See that's like perfectly priced if not a little low. but you are right, it's not a good time to sell right now, which is weird cause it's the best time to buy!

#31 ·
I am selling my 2002 Honda F4i for $5000 with some extras and I still don't get any responses. It's one of the lowest costing F4i's for sale right now. This is just not the time to sell. I will be storing it and selling in March.

Its just a shitty time to sell a bike for whatever price it is!

#36 ·
The price of used bikes is ridiculus, I believe it is caused by people who think that the new bike they bought 2 years ago is still worth 95% of what they paid, including taxes, freight, etc. It's driving the prices up.

I was considering buying a dirt bike, but after seeing how much people want for their used shit, I changed my mind. I bought a 92 YZ250 in 1994, it was a year and a half old. It had new top and bottom end, full Noleen suspension, new sprocketa and chain, new tires, aftermarket pipe, plus a spare clutch, etc, etc. I paid $1900 for it. 13 years later, I cant get the same bike for that price. That doesn't seem right. I was hoping for a 2000 or newer for around that price, but not even close. I decided not to get anything.

My wife just sold her 2000 Dakota. It had 80K on it, brand new tires, brakes, all servicing done on time, lady driven, the truck was mint. We sold it for $13,500, that was right in line with all of the others we seen for sale. She paid $35,000 in 2000 for it, plus tax, freight, etc, etc. That's more than a $21,500 hit for driving 80K, and keeping everything 100%.

That is totally normal when buy/selling used cars/trucks. Why are used bikes so expensive? By rights, a 1992 YZ2590 should be worth about $500. A 2000 should be about $1500. Greedy sellers are driving prosective buyers to the states, or, like in my case, they're not buying at all. Common sence would dictate that these people simply wont sell their shit, but I think because it's so widespread, it's actually driving prices up. People have to realize that when they rode their new bike off the showroom floor, not only did they just lose a couple thousand off the price, they also just lost the PDI, freight etc.
These people are destroying the used bike market in B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.