I have a job offer from Japan. Canadian school in Tokyo, good pay, downtown, etc. Could someone tell me about riding in Tokyo?
As I have researched, there are a bunch of rules.
1. Maximun speed for bikes is 80 km/h. Even on freeways where speed limit is 100.
2. It is extremely difficult to get a license for a bike of 400 cc.
3. Maximum horsepower is 100.
4. Maximum cc's for any bike is 750.
5. Bikes need to be inspected by a shop every 2 years. It's about 400,000 yen. ($4000 cdn approx).
Is riding that pointless in Japan?