ICBC road test routes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICBC road test routes

Registered User rememberFace is on a distinguished road rememberFace's Avatar
    Bike
    07 Speed Triple

ICBC road test routes

Anyone know if ICBC does the same route for every rider? I'm taking mine at the Lougheed/Broadway location on wednesday...has anyone done that one lately? Whats the route?!

thanks! BYE!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

. dhouldsw is on a distinguished road dhouldsw's Avatar
    Bike
    DRZ-SM
    There's a lot of different routes, you have no idea where you're going. And if you miss a turn or traffic is heavy somewhere, they may just start to go a different direction.

;D

Registered User OneTrack is on a distinguished road OneTrack's Avatar
    Bike
    06 FZ6
    I was worried about "which route" I would have to go on my roadtest in Surrey, but it really doesn't matter....it's probably better that it does come as a surprise where you're going; then there's no second-guessing the Tester.
    Don't worry about it...the instructions come over the boom-mike very clearly with plenty of time for you to do the manoeuver. Just ride at the speed limit with plenty of shoulder checks, mirror checks and constant scanning side to side at every hazard, either real or perceived.

Ride to you limits clutch is on a distinguished road clutch's Avatar
    Bike
    To big and to fast for you
    Quote Originally Posted by rememberFace View Post
    Anyone know if ICBC does the same route for every rider? I'm taking mine at the Lougheed/Broadway location on wednesday...has anyone done that one lately? Whats the route?!

thanks! BYE!
    If you really new how to drive/ride you woulden't care about the route now would you.. SO learn how to Drive/Ride before you take the test and maybe we wouldn't have to worry...
    A friend of mine is an examiner and the horror stories he can tell....
    Attached Images  

Registered User rememberFace is on a distinguished road rememberFace's Avatar
    Bike
    07 Speed Triple
    Are those your parents? No wonder you're a prick...oh and I'll stop asking for tips as soon as you learn how to spell.

(hilarious gif)

Becoming Insane Ebicat is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Ducati
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    If you really new how to drive/ride you woulden't care about the route now would you.. SO learn how to Drive/Ride before you take the test and maybe we wouldn't have to worry...
    A friend of mine is an examiner and the horror stories he can tell....
    Only when you learn how to properly use the english language.

e those your parents? No wonder you're a prick...oh and I'll stop asking for tips as soon as you learn how to spell.
    It's like you're inside my head...

Slim Shadetree
    Quote Originally Posted by rememberFace View Post
    Are those your parents? No wonder you're a prick...oh and I'll stop asking for tips as soon as you learn how to spell.

(hilarious gif)
    haha ! burn

Ride to you limits clutch is on a distinguished road clutch's Avatar
    Bike
    To big and to fast for you
    Who needs to spal fuck anyone can be a idem like you
    rather be a bad spaler then a bad rider.....
    Learn the road, learn your bike dont what to read about you being down in 6 months.... If you've taken a real course you woulden't post a stupid question...
    So bun all you like about my Spelling. Just fuckin' learn how to ride safe
    Oh Also ASSHOLE, my parents have been dead for longer thatn your alive.. SO respect the Dead or feel my sidi up your back side.. Sorry that your, from a family where your drunk old man beat the hell out of your pro mom...
    Last edited by clutch; 08-28-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Becoming Insane Ebicat is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    Ducati
    Who needs to spal fuck anyone can be a idem like you
    rather be a bad spaler then a bad rider.....
    Learn the road, learn your bike dont what to read about you being down in 6 months.... If you've taken a real course you woulden't post a stupid question...
    So bun all you like about my Spelling. Just fuckin' learn how to ride safe
    Oh Also ASSHOLE, my parents have been dead for longer thatn your alive.. SO respect the Dead or feel my sidi up your back side.. Sorry that your, from a family where your drunk old man beat the hell out of your pro mom...
    Oh god here comes the my parents are dead everyone feel bad for me thread.
    I'm sure they'd be disgusted with how even after all this time you can't even speak english properly. It's a basic function of society. I'd much rather be intelligent than know how to ride a bike. Look! I can ride a bike 1.5 seconds faster than you too bad I was too dumb to go past highschool and now pump your gas. Or maybe since your parents are dead you're a trust fund baby now? How fun, no need to excel intellectually!

Not that theres anything wrong with pumping gas.

I await the "I went to harvard and took rocket science!" post.

Edit: God, I really hope you're not 40 years old as your profile says. I'd expect this from a 15 year old MAYBE, even then it's a pretty pathetic 15 year old. But 40? wow...
    Last edited by Ebicat; 08-28-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Registered User OneTrack is on a distinguished road OneTrack's Avatar
    Bike
    06 FZ6
    rememberFace:
    I know why you're asking about the route...I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. Folks tend to forget how stressful it was in the few days before the riding test, or most likely never took the new road test for bikes, which they would have a better-than-average chance of failing, btw.
    As I mentioned, just relax, take your time and ride...it's not as difficult as you imagine. Don't overthink it. My ride from Richmond to Surrey during morning rush-hour was far more difficult than the test itself.
    The only difference between the Burnaby test and the Surrey test is that Burnaby has more hills and hillstarts.

Registered User Corwin is on a distinguished road Corwin's Avatar
    Bike
    Daytona 675
    I took (and passed) that test only about a year ago. I was tense like hell, but remembered the advice of the BRC instructors to take my time. Don't rush, no reason to. The more you rush, the more mistakes you'll make. Also, the more you rush the more distance they'll be able to cover in your test time. They are looking for how you obey rules of the road and some basic bike control. If you take an extra second to look, you will avoid mistakes, let the tester know you are safe, and reduce the stress level.

As to routes, I took the test in Surrey, had no freaking clue about the roads (I live in Delta), so just followed instructions. No problems, except when they got caught at a red light and I had to pull over to wait.
    I was lucky and got a very friendly tester. That really reduced the stress level. (Funny how a test like this can cause stress even though I have been driving for about 20 years).

Good luck. Watch out for those school zones, I had to go through at least three of them, two back-to-back. Watch out for signs and you'll be golden.
    “Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.”
    – Stirling Moss
    "I race to win." - Ayrton Senna
    "If he had survived Imola 94, we would all be racing for second place" - Michael Schumacher

Gear Driven Cams Spike is on a distinguished road Spike's Avatar
    Bike
    None right now...
    Did mine in Richmond from the Safety Council office. The safety council had just put the examiners through their training course the week before my test, so the examiner had everything I just learned fresh in his mind too.

The instructor took us through the test route during the road portion of the Safety Council course, and pointed out some "gotcha's" that might nail us on the road test if we weren't paying attention. The road test has a *roughly* fixed route, that the examiners can modify as they see fit. There are a couple of turns that they can elect to take or not take to extend or shorten the route.

My examiner was pretty cold and distant before we did the test, but once we got back to the safety council office and he told me I passed he became completely friendly. We talked about bikes for about half an hour while he waited for the next student to show up.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Registered User |Jeremy| is on a distinguished road |Jeremy|'s Avatar
    Bike
    2001 R6
    Oh Also ASSHOLE, my parents have been dead for longer thatn your alive.. SO respect the Dead...

.... Sorry that your, from a family where your drunk old man beat the hell out of your pro mom...

What if his parents were dead too!?

+ Reply to Thread