Alpinestars in vancouver?

Thread: Alpinestars in vancouver?

CBR900 'Fighter

Alpinestars in vancouver?

daddie needs a new pair of shoes but none of the shops i frequent carry A*s. Anyone know of a good retailer?

2. Remove Advertisements

Planet Earth, most of the time
    Which ones are you looking for?
    I picked these up at 5th Gear.
    Real comfy and feels like you're wearing runners
    A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg, even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.

Is livin life. Good or bad, whatever happens, happens.

take a look around on Ebay. I bought SMX plus for 215 US. They are great boots, best I have ever worn. They have an inner liner that does up with a drawstring, then zips and a clip strap at the top.

When on ebay, look for companies that have a "make an offer" button and find how low they will go.

The boots are listed as 279 US on the website, so I couldnt imagine what they would try and sell them for here...

Registered User Array jaydogg888's Avatar
    2009 Buell Ulysses XB12X
    Carter Motorsports carries them
    2009 Buell Ulysses XB12X

03 600RR
    The commercial suzuki place has some.

50th Anniversary R6
    I think Imperial Motorcycles in Burnaby carry them as well.
    Bart: What's Santa's Little Helper doing to that dog? Looks like he's trying to jump over, but he can't quite make it.

'Busa girls, God love 'em Array Argyle's Avatar
    Enjoying the Island life !!!
    06 'Busa
    Burnaby Suzuki has them

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailz View Post
    daddie needs a new pair of shoes but none of the shops i frequent carry A*s. Anyone know of a good retailer?
    You must be kidding. I've personally seen A*'s at

Burnaby Kawi
    Pacific Yamaha
    Western Power Sports

I'm sure there's more but I wasn't looking at the time I was in there.

Oh and the new Jimmy Pat Suzuki dealer on Kingsway near Metrotown has them as well. OH! And Imperial just a block away on Lane street right behind Jimmy Pat's.

And FWIW I've found that various brands seem to be tuned to various foot shapes. For me that shape IS the Alpinestars shape. All my boots are from them because they are comfy to me. But if you have a Sidi shape (very different) then you should be buying Sidi's. If you have... etc. Find the one that fits and then buy the model you want that provides the best balance of protection and cost and reasonable difficulty in putting on.

My street boots are SMX's while my track boots are SMX plus. The SMX's are a bit of a pain to put on but not as time consuming as the plus'. And I like the plastic ankle supports. If the extra stiffness they offer saves my a bad fracture in a crash the fuss to put them on will be well worth the effort.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.