BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

question for the stunters...

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  FiSh_Extreme 
G
#1 ·
this may sound like a stupid question but

in your opinion what is technically more difficult, a wheelie or a stoppie?

I can do standups, sitdowns, back peg etc.. but i've never really tried to get into stoppies and thats what im going to do this weekend, given the ease at which i picked up wheelies do you think stoppies will come the same?

Ive also been told that my bike '03 r1 is not very good at doing them, is there any truth to that? anything to watch out for?

thanks

G
#3 ·
ya thats what i was thinking... i dont wanna get crushed.

im thinking baby steps i just want to get the back wheel to float a few inches off the ground im definately not just going to go out and "super - hero" it

#5 ·
your bike is good at doing em, so go for it.

wheelies are more tech, but endos are harder. Wheelies are safer cuz you can save it or bail clear of the bike. There is no way to save an endo if you go too far.. i stay away from long endoes, and I've flipped 2 decent ones. Once you flip one you'll see why....

watch this guy:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=17513015

#9 ·
Endos for sure without question are way more dangerous but i would say they are more technical. At the "SBF" comp at infineon raceway i entered longest stoppie, there was 5 of us to start and in warm up edub flipped "superstreet bike did a writeup on the crash" then there was 4 of us from about 30 riders that had entered the comp. Same at XDL long beach but nobody wrecked, there was about 30-40 riders in the comp and only 4-5 did the target endo.

Crashing endos really blows ass, ive seen multiple compound fractures of the femurs since ive been down here, broken arms, wrists smashed livers ect... Endos are one trick to take very seriously.

~fish

#12 · (Edited)
yeah that be the one, i was in a endo 10 feet behind him during that crash.

like a hour before that a kid wrecked a endo beside me and broke his leg " compound of the femur." was nastyyyyyy blood all over

but i still came in 3rd place with 2 blown fork seals and a damper that didnt work!! haha

G
#17 ·
i had some little ones goin... then i fucked up my ankle :( not on the bike, but now i can barely walk which is probably not the best time to be trying out new shit

< i was workin on my handstands too heh heh

G
#20 ·
lol nice, thats crazy!!

yeah i've only been riding since may... and my bike is essentially stock, i shouldnt be doing wheelies, or attempting stoppies or handstands without frame sliders, or better yet... a cage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.