Screw the CR500 supermoto check this out!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Screw the CR500 supermoto check this out!

Bike
    My what?

Screw the CR500 supermoto check this out!

I want to see someone make a moto with one of these bad boys!

http://www.trickracing1.com/The%20Fi...%201000cc.html
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

African BCSB Rep. Array PitScar's Avatar
    Bike
    Nothing :( SStolen DRZ400S. Previously 2007 Suzuki TF-125, DRZ350SE, and 81 KX125
    Quote Originally Posted by rgm View Post
    I want to see someone make a moto with one of these bad boys!

http://www.trickracing1.com/The%20Fi...%201000cc.html
    *Gaack*

Spooooooge!
    Stuck in Africa. Follow here or here.

_f_,_ _f_,_
    (_)`(_) (_)`(_) Sweet I drew bikes.

Bike
    2003? Xupachabra 444
    mother
    "One reason that the ignorant also tend to be the blissfully self-assured, is that the skills required for competence often are the same skills necessary to recognize competence."

Bike
    A black one
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................... ........... Fuck!!!!!!!!
    Hug a two stroke....you`ll never go back to trees.

The Philosopher King Array Frapps's Avatar
    Bike
    83 RG250 Gamma//95Kawi ZX6
    oh.......my.......god
    G.B. Shaw: We are made wise not by the recollection of our past but by the responsibility for our future
    Miguel Ruiz: Death is not the biggest fear we have our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive and express what we really are

Bike
    Nothing :( SStolen DRZ400S. Previously 2007 Suzuki TF-125, DRZ350SE, and 81 KX125
    Actually, what's the current highest production Hp / litre? I can't think of anything that comes close to that. I think the S2000 is the highest at... what, 125hp/litre?

Course, this isn't a reliable production motor either All out balls-to-the-wall, I think the old 60/70's Formula 1 engines win it... between 1000 - 1500 horsepower depending on boost out of a 1.5L motor

_f_,_ _f_,_

Bike
    My what?
    Quote Originally Posted by PitScar View Post
    Actually, what's the current highest production Hp / litre? I can't think of anything that comes close to that. I think the S2000 is the highest at... what, 125hp/litre?

Course, this isn't a reliable production motor either All out balls-to-the-wall, I think the old 60/70's Formula 1 engines win it... between 1000 - 1500 horsepower depending on boost out of a 1.5L motor
    Those motors were impressive but this thing could be propelling a two wheeled machine that weighs just over two hundred pounds. The power to weight ratio is pretty close but the HOLY SHIT factor would be huge on a moto compared to an F1 car.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    Quote Originally Posted by PitScar View Post
    Don't 1000cc sport bikes have 170+hp/litre? I think that would win. Or are you talking about a minimum displacement?

;D

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Don't 1000cc sport bikes have 170+hp/litre? I think that would win. Or are you talking about a minimum displacement?

;D
    No you're totally right. Litre bike motors are impressive.

I would really like to sit on the bike this is plopped into. Doesn't look like they've made many attempts to minimize vibration - inline 2cylinder 1000cc 2stroke, it would probably lift the bike vertical at the blip of throttle in neutral

_f_,_ _f_,_

Registered User Array
    Bike
    various

it all too much

So can I sale you guy's a bridge or two also? That is a joke, first go back and look real close, it's a real lame none running mock up with a jet ski head sitting on it. Second read what it say's, "210 hp only minor mods" so do you believe a CR500 with minor mods makes 105 hp?

a stock CR500 makes 58hp "claimed flywheel hp" So if you guys can find a engine builder that can do minor mods and get you a extra 47 hp ( almost double) then I would say you are one step closer to finding God. Just think you guys could also get this same engine builder to do some minor tweaks on those 450's and get them pumping out 95-100 hp no big deal.

By the way my slightly worked over CR500 make 145 hp

When Gophers attack Array Onegear's Avatar
    Bike
    73 CB350R, 06 DRZ-400SM
    Did any one else notice that they misspelled "available". Maybe they forgot the "." and the engine was dyno'ed at 21.0 hp.

I also clicked to view a lager image and the same photo was larger, I thought there would be beer
    Last edited by Onegear; 09-28-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Bike
    ZX10R
    Check out their Turbo-Kits.

http://www.trickracing1.com/turbokits.html

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    I've always wondered if you could just shove 2 inline 4 engines together, say from a 2008 Ninja, and get a high revving small block V8 that produces 320+hp? I guess it would be a bit down on torque, but if you put it in a vehicle that has a really light frame, it could be alright.

;D

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    I've always wondered if you could just shove 2 inline 4 engines together, say from a 2008 Ninja, and get a high revving small block V8 that produces 320+hp? I guess it would be a bit down on torque, but if you put it in a vehicle that has a really light frame, it could be alright.

;D
    Why go to all that work? There was a Caterham Super Seven that some company was building and they had at least one done with two ZX-9R engines in it and coupled somehow to the rear end. The car was super light and with one driver the AUW was about the same as two bikes and one rider and the 0-100 mph time was about the same 6'ish seconds as the bike.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    VW's W12 is two VR6's slapped together. Then tuned a wee-tad

_f_,_ _f_,_