bike anchor

Thread: bike anchor

Registered User Array
    Bike
    tarded

bike anchor

hey there.

i have a quick question. i want to move my bike anchor to another spot. so my question is do i have to break the concrete expansion bolts or can they be pulled out easily just by turning them like a normal wood screw?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Cat Herder Array nickridiculous's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 SV650
    Depending on the kind of bolt they maybe removable, but you should get new ones. Is your bike worth $20 worth of bolts?

• If you have the kind with a nut on a threaded shaft, you might be able to back the nut off till it is flush with the top of the bolt and then give it one (several) little (large) taps to release the wedge doo-dad. Then just pull it out with your fingers. If it requires force to remove it's foooked.
    • If you have the kind where you see a hex bolt head (one piece, not a nut and rod) I don't think your reusing that and I'm not sure how to get it out.
    • If you used glue in anchors they're not going anywere

So in closing just get new ones and do yourself a favour and make sure you grind/cut/bend the old ones flush.

Bike
    50th Anniversary R6
    Typically they need to be cut off. If you can just back the thing out then you haven't really installed it properly and it defeats the purpose of using an anchor.
    Bart: What's Santa's Little Helper doing to that dog? Looks like he's trying to jump over, but he can't quite make it.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    tarded
    can i drill the heads then break them off? might take time but do you think it will work?