Crash Nostalgia

Thread: Crash Nostalgia

Bitey things are niceless Array Ready2Ride's Avatar
    '02 CBR600 F4i - SOLD

Crash Nostalgia

Anyone ever read back through the forums about their crash? Personally I don't remember mine, so all I have is what someone else wrote. It's funny, you know, over the past year I'd rebuilt it a little differently in my mind, but re-reading it again just puts it into focus that I just plain screwed up. Am I the only one?
    "The scissors say they won't hurt you, but they're lying"

2. Remove Advertisements

Richmond, BC
    2015 FZ07
    I had a nasty crash into the side of a Humber Super Snipe in 1965. I still have no recollection of anything that happened that DAY, never mind the crash itself.
    They say it's nature's "anesthetic" when you get knocked out cold....your memory of the crash trauma, and quite a period of time before and after is erased, often forever. I kept my shattered helmet for years to show to anyone who doubted their effectiveness.
    Mercifully, I had an independent witness who was standing at the intersection who saw the whole thing and was able to relate to me what happened.
    Nothing too technical...blind cager pulled right out in front of me and bang...lights out. Yeh...I was probably going too fast for the conditions which didn't help.