BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So here's the real story about 5th Gear getting ripped off...

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  flowrider 
G
#1 ·
So I think people should know the real story about what happened between Bill at 5th Gear and his customer that he alleged "ripped him off".

What Bill forgot to mention in his rant was that the job he did on her frame-sliders was less than satisfactory. He called this 'vpd' cop only TWICE and both times she stated that she would come pay him when he fixed it, but would call before coming to make an appointment.

Now if Bill maybe spent less time slagging his customers on BCSB and more time answering his phone and clearing his voicemail, perhaps this customer would have got through to set up an appointment to get the work done and pay him the difference! She called him about 5-6 times, and then figured she would just wait for him to call her back, since he was unreachable.

And Bill also forgot to mention that the cost of the frame-sliders he quoted her was $150 of which $107 was already paid to him by RMS, as they owed her this money, but gave it directly to Bill. So really Bill made an idiot out of himself and lost a customer over $43!! I guess business is that rough these days!

It's not difficult to see that Bill is not the brightest crayon in the box, because any one would know that this is a civil matter, not a criminal one. So for Bill to involve the vpd in this matter was just plain immature and unnecessary.

Bill said if the vpd didn't do anything (which of course they didn't), he'd call the media, again an ignorant comment. What are you going to do next Bill, call her mom on her and get her grounded????

I didn't want to stoop to Bill's level but I felt that the "other" side of the story should have been told....

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Everybody feels that someone somewhere has done them wrong. Either a bad business deal, or something personally. If it makes you feel better to rant about something that has wronged you or your friends, then thats great. This thread may not make me stop getting my bike serviced @ 5th gear, or getting new tires from Burnaby Kawasaki, or accesories across the border, or or or, ... It is unfortunate that sometimes bad things happen to good people. These rants on the forums are probably not the best place to deal with from a business stand point. The parties involved should be talking one on one. Bill, I have no problem coming down and paying out the $43. It will be a christmas gift for the person involved. I've bought sliders from you for another rider that had a mishap on a rainy night. Infact I'll be in your area tomorrow. There will always be something to be learned from whatever situation you are in. I hope this can be resolved peacefully, with a positive outcome for everybody involved. Tomorrow is going to be a nice day. I'm gonna get out and ride before I have to go to work. I think we should all do this, either before or after work or school. :coffee

#3 ·
Oh the lives of the dumb and the restless :surrender

#4 ·
So I think people should know the real story about what happened between Bill at 5th Gear and his customer that he alleged "ripped him off".

It's not difficult to see that Bill is not the brightest crayon in the box, because any one would know that this is a civil matter, not a criminal one.

I didn't want to stoop to Bill's level but I felt that the "other" side of the story should have been told....

Finally, we get the REAL story from a third party who hasn't even told anybody how he's involved. Thank god we have the internet or we'd all be in the dark. We may even shop at a bike shop that never got paid $43 and came on here to tell his friends about it. Thank god you personally insulted him so we can all be saved from the horrors of the shop and the guy who does nothing for the motorcycle community or it's members (unlike you of course). Can we nominate people for BCSB member of the year yet?

Oh yeah, just in case you didn't get it, I was being sarcastic :flip

#16 ·
Hark. The night sky is ablaze with the Bat signal. Honey Rider to the rescue. Boy oh boy, where do i begin? The REAL STORY you say? Well.......I got nothing. Don't even know the false story so i will not make any comments that could possibly end me up in a barrel with my ass in the air and my exit being used as a receptacle for various sharp objects. Ahhh the days of my youth. Husky hq in turmoil? I believe THAT is the real story. Sources say that it will get worse before it gets better on the other side of the river. I hope that spring finds the 5th gear crew intact as they are good people. Anyway i'm off to Florida for that long awaited sex change operation so i'll be seeing you all again later.

#8 ·
It's almost winter. What did you expect?

G
#9 ·
Hey jellydoughnutboy. :flip

There's 3 sides to every story and so far your side is seriously flawed

Shops have had to put up with bad worth of mouth for ages so why shouldn't a dirty rotten stiff consumer wh
en they're full of cheese??

It's just coincidental that this cowardly consumer who doesnt speak for themselves just happens to be in the most underworked and overpaid occupation around :evil

Once more the new guy :flip

#14 ·
Hey, is there someone in the back of that car in your avatar??

#10 ·
Jelloboy is a troll...joined today to give the keyboard warrior version. I think the mods should close this thread before it gets ugly.

#15 ·
My thoughts as well.

I don't think highly of ppl that create multiple user names under the same IP addy to speak thier opinion, troll, or just too afraid to speak thier mind under thier real user name.

When I first read jellywhateverthefukname post with all of one post... errr well close the thread as well.

censorship nazi i'm not, just common scence should be shown to ppl who have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.