BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Scam????

872 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  klutch 
#1 ·
Has anyone here heard of Moneybookers? and if so, how reputable are their service? saw a dude selling his GSX-R 600 for a good price and wondering how the Moneybookers service works.

POST UP!!

#6 ·
Don't tell me. The bike is in Ireland / Greece / Italy and he can't afford to license and insure it over there, so he'll be happy to sell it to you and pay for the shipping. Just deposit the money in this escrow account...

#8 ·
I really wouldn't trust any sort of online money transferring business other than PayPal. Unless you are absolutely sure that it is not a scam, but even then I'm sure it's always nicer to actually see the bike in person before you would go ahead with the purchase.

#9 ·
No no no this'll be the one where the bike is local on a local Craigslist with legit pictures and description, but no price in the ad itself, just a title. Scammer will have ripped the content and pictures from some other Craigslist ad, posted it locally, with a crazy-low price. He's in "London" and wants to sell it while overseas...you can even go "test ride the bike and get a refund if its not as described."

LESSON TO POSTERS: If you have to ask if its a scam, it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.