Track Bike
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Track Bike

  1. #1

    Track Bike

    I am thinking about bringing my track bike from the UK to Canada in the new year. I have no paperwork for it as only use it on the track. What are the requirements in Canada - do trackday organiser require all machines to have full documentation?

  2. Remove Advertisements

  3. #2
    Registered User Array J_Web's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    2010 BMW F800 GS, 2008 Yamaha R1, 2006 Harley Sportster Custom
    i would'nt do it ....sell it and buy one here.. the shipping costs... and if you don't have papers your garunteed a hasel.. but if your really attached i guess its your call.

  4. #3
    Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    here and there
    bad, m'kay?
    No. Most don't bother as long as it passes tech. Only needed by US border security if you want to bring it across the border.

    Go here and say hi. You'll all your answers including info on Mission.

  5. #4
    Moderator Array TeeTee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Actually it's Canada customs you need to worry about. It's not consistent but the odd person has had to get a letter from the racing club to certify that the bike in question will be used for off road use only. But they will want to run the VIN to ensure that it's not stolen or has a black past.

    You could avoid a lot of this if you can have a couple of mates back there break it down into a 1/2 dozen major parts and send them over in two or three shipments. Then it's just motorcycle parts and not subject to any close scrutiny.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts