sticker removal
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sticker removal

Registered User Array
    Bike
    tarded

sticker removal

just a question here. aside from using the hair dryer is there any other technique to removing decals from the fairings?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Rumple4SkinRacing Array Buster Hymen's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Suzuki Gsxr 750
    Hair dryer is the quickest & easiest if done properly.......be patient and don't overheat it.Any left over glue residue can be easily removed with Goo Gone.
    I think 3M makes something called Sticker&Adhesive remover.

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    WD40 works well also for helping to get the edge of the adhesive off ... Don't pull too hard when removing the sticker - it'll just tear it. Why are you taking them off anyway? We all know each sticker adds at least 5hp
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Bike
    '07 triumph 675 (Trashed)

Sticker Shock

WHAT , I got scammed , I added 2 stickers and only got a 3.7 HP gain , by your calculations I should be up 10 HP , where did I go wrong ???? , maybe the install should have been done professionally.

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    You said the fairings and not the gas tank or swingarm. These stickers might use a much stronger adhesive. Might be a good idea to state the make, model and year of bike. Someone may have dealt with the exact scenario you are faced with.

I was going to say a hair dryer should do it but if it is the fairing or windshield, the adhesive might be wickedly strong and need some other treatment besides what has been mentioned so far.

Rumple4SkinRacing Array Buster Hymen's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Suzuki Gsxr 750
    Quote Originally Posted by jafkaf81 View Post
    WHAT , I got scammed , I added 2 stickers and only got a 3.7 HP gain , by your calculations I should be up 10 HP , where did I go wrong ???? , maybe the install should have been done professionally.
    Probably put on slightly crooked.....that will rob some hp right there.

Behind the great firewall Array iamcanjim's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 Yamaha TRX850T, 1996 Honda Rebel
    Keep in mind, some stickers might be clearcoated over. This includes the manufacturers name on the fuel tank. Don't even try to remove them or it will make a serious mess.
    TYPE IN ALL CAPS. REMEMBER, LOUD FONTS SAVE LIVES.

Registered User Array howattzer's Avatar
    Bike
    it's black
    Hi,

Just went through this on my FZ6 swingarm. Went to Lordco, looking for some kind of solution. I purchased a "stripe remover", used in Autobody shops for pinstripping removal. It is an attachment for a drill, like a sanding disk, except it looks like a giant eraser. Was under $15 and worked great. No damage to paint, took about 5 minutes a side, and I can re-use it multiple times seeing as how I still have 95% of the "eraser" left.

I was hesitant using on painted surfaces, so I set up a test patch under my swingarm. No damage at all. Highly recommended!

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by howattzer; 12-08-2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Registered User Array j911brick's Avatar
    Bike
    Ducati 748R, Honda RS250 (factory production racer), Honda NSR250 SP, Honda Hawk GT, Honda CRF250, Honda 300 Dream
    Quote Originally Posted by howattzer View Post
    Hi,

Just went through this on my FZ6 swingarm. Went to Lordco, looking for some kind of solution. I purchased a "stripe remover", used in Autobody shops for pinstripping removal. It is an attachment for a drill, like a sanding disk, except it looks like a giant eraser. Was under $15 and worked great. No damage to paint, took about 5 minutes a side, and I can re-use it multiple times seeing as how I still have 95% of the "eraser" left.

I was hesitant using on painted surfaces, so I set up a test patch under my swingarm. No damage at all. Highly recommended!

Hope that helps.
    I always wondered if those thing worked...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    tarded
    its on the plastics. im taking them off because something snagged it and it looks fugly. bike looks better without it anyway.

howattzer,

what kind of stickers were you removing? OEM ones? is it supposed to grind away the sticker?

Registered User Array howattzer's Avatar
    Bike
    it's black
    Hey,

They were the EOM ones for emission info and tire pressure (bright white stickers on the black swing arm -- not too attractive). I tried nail polish remover, Goo Gone, hair dryer, etc... and nothing really worked that well on them. Some guy at Lordco recommended this, and it worked like a charm. Not too sure how it would work on plastics and fairing as the disk is not too flexible and is best on a flat surface.

I would be happy to let anyone in the Kamloops area try it out. One person spending $20 is better than 25 people spending $20 each.

Bike
    07 GSX-R600
    i used automotive goo gone
    97 GSXR-600 S O L D
    07 GSXR-600

Bike
    SV 650S
    bumping an old thread..

how about warning labels off the gas tank? any nice way of doing so cleanly..

(this is my search result.. hence the bump)

Bike
    2007 GSX-R 1000
    I picked up a plastic razor blade, some goo-gone, and a blow drier.

Be patient, use the razor blade and blow drier to get most of it off, then use goo-gone to get the sticky stuff off.

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK View Post
    how about warning labels off the gas tank? any nice way of doing so cleanly..

I'd leave it on there. I removed the one from my F4i and it left a nice dent in the clear coat.
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.