resetting service light on 2007 honda civic
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: resetting service light on 2007 honda civic

streets belong 2 us Incantation is on a distinguished road Incantation's Avatar
    Bike
    f4i, 50(was stolen), k7 750

resetting service light on 2007 honda civic

i can't get this little wrench to turn off and i have done the service myself.. how do i turn off the light? anyone?

thanks

The Comedy is in the Back Saturnin is on a distinguished road Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    hit it with a carrot
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Thank You Vets jafkaf81 is on a distinguished road jafkaf81's Avatar
    Bike
    '07 triumph 675 (Trashed)
    Our work truck had a service light that stayed on , so we put a piece of black electrical tape on the dash to cover it , worked like a charm , till we broke down , ....... can you pick us up please, getting cold out here , someone , hello ,hello

Swivel on it SkydiveSonic is on a distinguished road SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    +1 on black tape. Works wonders.
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

TGIF...Toes Go In First firefox is on a distinguished road firefox's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 F4i
    Quote Originally Posted by Incantation View Post
    i can't get this little wrench to turn off and i have done the service myself.. how do i turn off the light? anyone?

thanks
    Found this:

How do I turn it off? clicky

Note: Make certain all the exterior lamps (headlights, parking, etc) are OFF before you try to turn off the Maintenance Required lamp. If any exterior lamps are ON, the computer will not allow the Maintenance lamp to be turned off!
    If you have Daytime Running Lamps (DRL's)... If the DRL's are factory, pull the parking brake lever up before turning the ignition key to II. If the DRL's are aftermarket, read the manual that came with them for how to turn them off, or pull their fuse.

There appear to be several methods that extinguish the light. These methods are listed in your Owner's Manual. If you don't have an Owner's Manual, you can download the relevant pages (for free) from Honda's own Techinfo site:
    https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

If your manual's not listed there, or for whatever reason you are unable to retrieve the necessary information from that site, try the suggestions below:

Steering column square button
    Also from Kevin Sargent: "I assume Honda didn't change the location of the button from '96 to '98, so there should be a small square button, below the steering column and a little to the right, facing away from you (i.e. toward the engine). Hold the button and start the engine, it will reset the light."
    This button is visible if you peek under the steering column. It is recessed into the plastic trim that covers the metal mechanical bits. The 1994 Civic also has this button.

Odometer reset button procedure
    1. Turn the key to the II position (but not to III, or START)
    2. Turn the key to the 0 (OFF) position, then push -- and hold -- the odometer reset button
    3. Turn the key back to the II position, while still holding the button
    4. After about 10-15 seconds, the light should go off
    5. Release button and turn key to 0.

Another odometer reset procedure gleaned from www.acuraworld.com
    1. Keys out of the ignition
    2. Push and hold down the odometer Select and Reset buttons
    3. While holding them down, put your keys in and turn the key to II but not to III (START)
    4. The light blinks once. Wait about another 5-15 seconds and the light will then turn off
    5. Release the two buttons
    6. Turn ignition back to 0 (OFF)
    7. Start car as normal.
    The Maintenance Required Light will now be off and stay off for 25,000 miles. This supposedly works for most late-model Honda/Acura vehicles.

Hold down odometer reset button while starting the engine
    Miles Abernathy writes: "On my 2001 American Honda Accord, I found that starting the engine while pressing the odometer reset button caused the Maint Req'd light to go out the next time I started the engine."

Slot at bottom of speedometer
    Stick ignition key in and hold until it turns off.

G'luck!!
    You never really learn to swear until you learn to ride!!

streets belong 2 us Incantation is on a distinguished road Incantation's Avatar
    Bike
    f4i, 50(was stolen), k7 750
    thanks!

(to everyone except sat.. your solution didn't work bud. but, i do appreciate your trying to help)

+ Reply to Thread