Fake essay wins Hannah Montana tickets

Thread: Fake essay wins Hannah Montana tickets

North Vancouver
    Suzuki SV650, 2002

Its nice to know that parents are out there teaching thier kids winning is the only thing that matters.

Associated Press

December 29, 2007 at 7:46 PM EST

GARLAND, Tex. — A 6-year-old girl who won four tickets to a Hannah Montana concert with an essay falsely claiming her father died in Iraq isn't going to the show after all.

The contest's sponsor, a store chain named Club Libby Lu, withdrew the prize Saturday and awarded it to another contestant. It didn't identify the new winner.

“With this decision, we hope to revive the intended spirit of the contest, which was designed to make a little girl's holidays extra special,” Club Libby Lu chief executive Mary Drolet said in a statement Saturday.

Officials of the Chicago-based chain surprised the girl on Friday at a Club Libby Lu store in mall in this Dallas suburb. Club Libby Lu sells clothes, accessories and games for young girls.

The girl won a makeover that included a blonde Hannah Montana wig, as well as the grand prize: airfare for four to Albany, N.Y., and four tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana concert on Jan. 9.

The opening line in the essay was: “My daddy died this year in Iraq.”

The girl's mother had told Club Libby Lu officials that the girl's father died April 17 in a roadside bombing in Iraq, company spokeswoman Robyn Caulfield said. But the mother, Priscilla Ceballos, admitted later Friday that the essay and the military information she provided about her daughter's father were untrue.

“We did the essay and that's what we did to win. We did whatever we could do to win,” Ms. Ceballos said in an interview Friday with KDFW-TV of Dallas. “But when (Caulfield) asked me if this essay is true, I said ‘No, this essay is not true.”'

The Associated Press was unable to find a phone number for Ms. Ceballos on Saturday.
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

the north
    sportbike... pfffft!
    way to go mom

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    A great example to her child.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    99 R6
    well yeha, you could sleep with the sponsers to get free tickets, i don't see her doing that instead if she needed to do anything that needs to be done.....
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    love it.... who cares.. move on
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

es ist orange und bellt Array barking pumpkin's Avatar
    2004 KTM 540SM
    You should have lied in your essay Sat.
    The Cult of Motard.

Just say NO to fairings!

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Anyone else thinking "future crack whore"? :/
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Registered User Array
    It's Hanna Montana.............whos really gives a shit ??

Why is this news ??