April rides?

Thread: April rides?

Registered User Array

April rides?

I'm thinking about taking some time off work in April (to coincide with a friend's time off between semesters at university) and I'm wondering where might be a few good places to go... Is that late enough in the year that the BC Interior is relatively snow-free (on the roads at least)? Or will I be pretty much limited to heading south?

The trip will likely be 1-2 weeks, in all likelihood. Destinations and/or general advice would be muchly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements

Jumblebrains Array
    Nothing atm
    What do you take the interior for? The tundra? Snow melts in early March, sometimes late Feb.

Asian Persuasion Array dragnit02's Avatar
    Home of 2010 Olympics
    Pumpkin Orange
    go down south to chuckanut drive
    So much work & so little time!!

Maple Ridge
    2007 GSX-R750
    The interior and the passes might still be a little chilly. +1 for Chuckanut.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    anyone I can lean against
    If it is a couple of weeks, even a week, I would head straight to California. Interior Cali you can expect plus 20 degrees Celcius weather in April. Rainy season ends down there about that time. Mountain passes will still be a few weeks before they are passable in April (thinking the Cascades via northern Washington) if you want to do interior BC.

A 2 week trip in April in interior BC would be a crap shoot in my opinion.

BTW Chuckanut is an easy 1 day jaunt and the good section last about 20 minutes. It is beautiful but c'mon people it isn't a week long destination.