BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

FS: Firstgear leather jacket (again)

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  idriveabeater 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, here we are once again. I've removed the picture of my jacket cuz it was so big that it was annoying me. And i figured i'd shorten my post.

If you want to see what the jacket looks like here's a picture:

http://www.motorhelmets.com/pics-general/jacket-firstgear-ergo-tech.jpg

Mine's the red/white/black color scheme.

It's been worn only 10-15 times, bought it middle of season, but didn't have bike of my own so it wasn't used all that often.

Reason for sale:
Bought it when i was quite larger than i am now, so it's beginning to be too big for me.
Doesn't match my new helmet and bike.
And the new addition: I could use the money to help pay off my christmas bills.

So i'm lowering the price again. 210 for the jacket.
or 260 with matching gloves. I think this is a reasonable price since the cheapest i've found the jacket online for is 250 US dollars and considering my jacket's LIKE NEW, 210 would be a steal.

Again, I'm open to offers (reasonable ones). So LET'S WORK SOMETHING OUT.

here's a picture of the gloves:
http://www.intersportfashions.com/glv/mimages/glv07rg.jpg

They retail 79.95 US. They're the red and black color scheme.

See less See more
G
#2 · (Edited)
Just a bit more onfo on the jacket.

It's called the ergotech model, has CE approved padded hard armour in the elbows, forearms and shoulders and just some foam for the back protection. Has zippered vents in the front and back.

It's a size 44.

G
#3 ·
Could someone tell me what makes my jacket so undesirable?

Granted before i was probably asking quite a bit for the jacket.
But i think my price now is MORE than reasonable.... a jacket that you can find for 375 canadian ON SALE for 210 i think is a good deal...

Is it the brand? The look?

I'm just curious... So i'll know not to make the same mistake in the future.

Or is it just because this is a bad time?

#4 ·
hey jay,
i'm guessing cuz its a bad time now.
most ppl are busy xmas shopping, paying tuition and paying off credit cards this time of the year so i'm guessing its a timing problem.
try posting it up again after the holidays and see how it goes then. :thumbup

#5 ·
i think its the overall look of the jacket and gloves, not to mention the time of year and the size...

basicly if someone is to buy it they will do so in spring when gear is in demand by new riders.

thinking of selling my leathers myself to buy a pair that fits me better (i lose weight like you) and that matches my new bike... but doubt anyone would buy them for what id want to sell em at. especially this time of year.

#11 ·
yah thats where i was at modern! they had em uber cheap, if i hadent bought my bike the day i was in there i so woulda picked up a suit, they were selling D207's for very cheap at the time too... i should head back down there and have a look. thanks!

G
#14 ·
How about this?

Is anyone out there willing to TRADE this barely used jacket (which i think is of good quality, good materials, good armour) for another used leather jacket that's a size 42?

So basically: anyone putting the pounds on out there that need to go from a 42 to 44? Cuz i need a 42 or a 40 if it fits big.

#16 ·
Cutekid said:
yeah, the glove don't look that great...
and there is lots of sale in the store...u can get a 2 piece for just $399
is tough man...really bad time now...
good luck though. :)
Yes, I just picked up a checane two piece teknic leather suit for only $399 at Burnaby Kawasaki. They still have more in stock. Get there quickly. Its at Canada way and edmonds.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.