Dave Barr Inducted into the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame

Thread: Dave Barr Inducted into the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame

Lower Mainland

Dave Barr Inducted into the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame

Dave Barr is simply an amazing rider and a very nice fellow.

There is a link on Adventure Rider on his induction but first some background.

Traveling around the world is a huge accomplishment, but only the beginning of Dave Barr’s incredible story. His solo motorcycle journey took three and a half years to complete and spanned six continents and 83,000 miles. What makes it truly remarkable is that Dave made the trip on a 1972 Harley-Davidson® motorcycle with two prosthetic legs, the result of an 1981 land mine explosion. He pushed his way through the Sahara, Namibia, and Gobi deserts, slipped through the Andes during avalanche season and braved the unique challenges of riding across China, Russia, Australia, and Africa. Dave later went on to establish a Guinness Book World Record for crossing northern Europe, Russia and Siberia on a motorcycle in the dead of winter.

BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

2. Remove Advertisements

yam rz350
    wow, i never knew, holder of two guiness records, a double amputee, a harley.
    as i was reading this amazing individual's story, with much delight,
    my daughter asked if i was crying, i told her i had some dirt in both my eyes.

Flieger sind Sieger! Array
    04 Supersquid 750
    I thought he was a golfer?