I have a friend who bought an iPhone off Craigslist and loves it. Only uses it as a phone, doesn't use it with his computer at all. However, he's fallen on hard times and is looking to sell it so I may buy it from him.
I'm wondering though, what I can do with it in Canada. What I want to do is:
1. drop my SIM card from my Rogers Nokia phone into it and use it as a phone.
2. use the Wi-fi to surf when i'm near an area with Wi-fi (my office, home, and frequently-visited places on the weekends all have wi-fi, so I have good coverage).
3. synchronize notes/contacts/etc. with Outlook at work.
4. copy music to/from the phone using iTunes.
5. unlock it and install some of the cool programs available to those with unlocked phones.
6. Lock out the data-over-cell-network feature so I don't rack up stupidly high charges with Rogers.
Can anyone here tell me if I can do all that? I'm having a hard time finding out from google whether these are all possible.