Afx Helmets

Thread: Afx Helmets

Dean Array
    2005 GSXR 600

Afx Helmets

does anyone own a AFX helmet? I looked all over the internet and can't seem to find anything wrong with them, why so cheap?

2. Remove Advertisements

2003 SV650s
    I think the question isn't why the're so cheap, its why the arn't so expensive.

And the answer would be...
    - probbly not the best fit
    - No air routing throu the vents, just drilled holes
    - quite noticibly more heavy
    - not as quiet and areodynamic
    - not hand made in japan

Acutaly honstly I'm just guessing here, I don't know AFX helmets, but uselly thoes are the reasons of a cheaper helmet, I used to have a $100 one, now i'm very happy with a $650 shoie.

Registered User Array kamen rider's Avatar
    Area 604
    I looked at some in a motorcycle shop 4 years ago (in Surrey just over the Pattullo Bridge on King George Highway) so I don't know if my opinions are still valid. I don't even know if the store is still there.

The interiors of the AFX helmets that I examined did not even come close to the plushness and quality of more expensive helmets from brands such as HJC, Shoei or Arai. But seeing the price of them, I really did not expect to. The fabric and foams were quite bulky and felt cheap. As I said, this was about 4 years ago. It is possible that they have improved their helmets since then.

Kelowna BC
    93 kaw

WE carry AFX helmets, seriously the MX helmets are fine, the streets are heavier for a street helmet tho. We don't carry street versions.
    I don't do PM's