I just picked up the Vancouver Dining Guide and was going through all the places who had the best this and the best that and highlighted the restaurants I wanted to check out this summer.
I remember a while back someone posed up a restaurant thread and I got about 2 or 3 great places of of it...
Was thinking it would be cool to do a list of favorite spots for certain atmospheres/food etc...
1. Favorite Patio: The front table at the Cactus Club on Robson
2. Favorite late night eatery: Place on Broadway always to ripped to remember....just past Cambie on left. Anyone?
3. Favorite date spot: Bishops or The Observatory
4. Best fish and chips: Need help on this one...Steveston?
5. Best take out: Kostas Greek in Langley
6. Best burger: Spitz in Whistler...freaking huge.
7. Best brunch/breakfast: Totamhawk North Van... Like bacon?
8. Best new restaurant: Not new but havent been there ..Century.
9. Place you have been dying to go but haven't: Hamilton Street Grill / Havana Cafe....miss Cuba still ...sigh
10. Favorite watering hole: Dublin Pub Langley..should get my cheque's sent here, no TV's brilliant!
11. Favorite place no one has heard of: Candia Tavern awesome owned family place ..huge portions..great Greek.
12. Favorite greasy spoon: 5 corners / White Rock...hangover anyone?
13: Best talent: Earls on 200th and 64th..this guy has to be under investigation for hiring practices.
14: Favorite steak house: Gotham..my be a little much...still love the Ol Keg.
15. Favorite place on Commercial: Federico's Supper Club..this guy rocks...get up and starts singing and has everyone on the floor in minutes.
16: Favorite Whistler spot: Tapleys..local watering gole. Prolly the only place in the W where you can get Salsbury Steak!
17: Best Lounge..Eat, drink , dance. Lucy Mae Brown
18. Favorite Atmosphere: Nevermind or Subeez
19. Favorite Sushi Dont like sushi, not bad once it's cooked. Kinda tastes like fish though.
And the added kicker...
Favorite 3 places:
Joeys in Coquitlam
Or just a cocktail on one of the logs in Kits Beach...at about 9:00pm