Woman who wanted to be euthanized.......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woman who wanted to be euthanized.......

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole

Woman who wanted to be euthanized.......

Quote:
    PARIS, France (CNN) -- A French woman severely disfigured by facial tumors has been found dead just two days after a court rejected her request for an assisted suicide.

Medical examiners were Thursday looking into the death of 52-year-old Chantal Sebire -- whose case had prompted nominally Roman Catholic France to reexamine its stance on euthanasia -- to determine whether anything illegal had taken place.

It was not immediately clear how Sebire died.

Sebire had suffered from esthesioneuroblastoma, a rare and incurable form of cancer for eight years, developing tumors in her nasal passages and sinuses that distorted her face and caused her nose and eyes to bulge.

Sound off: What do you think about euthanasia?

The woman from Dijon, in eastern France, said drugs were ineffective against the excruciating pain caused by the condition and there was no reason doctors should not be permitted to hasten her death.

Assisted suicide is illegal in France, however. The law permits only passive euthanasia -- removing feeding and hydration tubes when a person is in a coma, or inducing a coma and then removing the tubes.

Sebire's lawyer had tried to convince a French court that it was "barbaric" to put her through the ordeal of dying slowly in an artificial coma, something that could take up to two weeks while her three children looked on in anguish.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/condi...=ib_topstories

discuss
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    If you're kept in a room against your will, it's wrongful and illegal and your captors can be held accountable.

IF somone wants out of 'the room called life', by all means, show them to the door
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    I remember reading this story a month ago. I dont see why it's such a problem for people wanting to die. It's their choice.

The disease this woman had was horrific. I hope no one posts up a picture of her, it's terrible. I nearly lost my lunch when I saw it. You've been warned.

African BCSB Rep. Array PitScar's Avatar
    Bike
    Nothing :( SStolen DRZ400S. Previously 2007 Suzuki TF-125, DRZ350SE, and 81 KX125
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    I remember reading this story a month ago. I dont see why it's such a problem for people wanting to die. It's their choice.

The disease this woman had was horrific. I hope no one posts up a picture of her, it's terrible. I nearly lost my lunch when I saw it. You've been warned.
    Agh, its not THAT bad. Its more interesting - when you see her, you think of Sloth from the Goonies and wonder how she managed to look almost identical. Curious.

(No, but seriously, it does just look like hollywood makeup, and you cant believe its actually real!)

Stuck in Africa. Follow here or here.

_f_,_ _f_,_
    (_)`(_) (_)`(_) Sweet I drew bikes.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Quote Originally Posted by PitScar View Post
    Agh, its not THAT bad. Its more interesting - when you see her, you think of Sloth from the Goonies and wonder how she managed to look almost identical. Curious.

(No, but seriously, it does just look like hollywood makeup, and you cant believe its actually real!)

Darryl Sutter wears makeup?

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    If someone wants to end their life, that is their business and theirs alone. The state should keep out of it.

If a physician wants to assist that is also their business and not the states.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    Isn't it sad that assisted suicide (or like that guys case in the prairies) grants you more prison time than killing or raping someone here in Canada?

1 year probation for paralyzing a dude, and 10 years for putting someone out of their misery, seems fucked up to me.

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    thats is how things "roll" in this world.... amazing i know
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Scott View Post
    Isn't it sad that assisted suicide (or like that guys case in the prairies) grants you more prison time than killing or raping someone here in Canada?

1 year probation for paralyzing a dude, and 10 years for putting someone out of their misery, seems fucked up to me.
    You can say that again, it's a very fuked up system!!

And when the revolution comes, the judges will the lined up right after the lawyers....
    Heeere's your sign...

Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    If you're kept in a room against your will, it's wrongful and illegal and your captors can be held accountable.

IF somone wants out of 'the room called life', by all means, show them to the door
    yes, but who has the right to "push them through that door"?

Bike
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
    it's not "push them through that door", its show them where the door handle is. and if they can't turn it themselves, lend a hand.

stories like these are heartwrenching. one can never understand the anguish these people have to go through in life. it makes me truly, truly appreciate my life.

no one ever said life was fair.

African BCSB Rep. Array PitScar's Avatar
    Bike
    Nothing :( SStolen DRZ400S. Previously 2007 Suzuki TF-125, DRZ350SE, and 81 KX125
    Quote Originally Posted by avocet View Post
    it's not "push them through that door", its show them where the door handle is. and if they can't turn it themselves, lend a hand.

stories like these are heartwrenching. one can never understand the anguish these people have to go through in life. it makes me truly, truly appreciate my life.

no one ever said life was fair.
    "Life was fair"

Awww **** now what are ya gonna do?
    Stuck in Africa. Follow here or here.

_f_,_ _f_,_
    (_)`(_) (_)`(_) Sweet I drew bikes.

Bike
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    wait until your mother is dying in her bed while you sit there and watch. it is not fun.

i don't wish it on anyone.

Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by avocet View Post
    wait until your mother is dying in her bed while you sit there and watch. it is not fun.

i don't wish it on anyone.
    ...amen.....
    Heeere's your sign...

Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
    Like avocet said, "they" have made the decision to go through the door, and the state should not stand in the way, nor penalize those that choose to help.
    Heeere's your sign...