Own a piece of Ducati History! #1 plate holder 748RS Factory Corse race bike.

Thread: Own a piece of Ducati History! #1 plate holder 748RS Factory Corse race bike.

Regular Array
    Bike
    CRF450 steet legal motard

Own a piece of Ducati History! #1 plate holder 748RS Factory Corse race bike.

This bike was one of 100 built in 1999 and one of only about 40 that were imported to the States. It was purchased directly from the factory in Bologna Italy along with 3 others for the HMC Ducati Racing Team based out of Manitowoc Wisconsin. This bike was prepared and used as the "B" bike and the "Rain" setup bike for Shawn Conrad. He rode both bikes to win the 1999 AMA Pro-Thunder Championship. Beating some big name guys such as Jeff Nash, Tom Montano, and Monte Nichols. All the time riding along side his teammate the lesser known little brother of multi-time World Superbike Champion Troy Corser, Dale Corser. All this info can be found on the web but I was fortunate enough to be told all this by Travis Schultze, the actual mechanic that worked on Shawn's 2 bikes at the time. He still works at the dealership and has always maintained the bike since being sold off the team. The first private owner bought it from Mitch Hansen (HMC owner) and used it for only a few track days. Then decided to take it back for some service. They suggested a motor freshening, which they did. The second private owner did 9 track days on it. He took it in for a check over and had the belts replaced, valves and throttle bodies adjusted, and they replaced 3 rocker arms that were flaking. The bike is in tip top shape and ready for another season. I have never raced this bike, it has been in my heated garage for a few months. Now that I've given you a brief history, let me tell you the specs and parts.

Full "Corse RS" spec motor with cams, ti rods
    Factory large racing radiator
    Factory installed slipper clutch
    Superbike style wiring harness, keyless ignition (sorry no lights or turnsignals)
    Full Carbon Kevlar bodywork by Carbo-Tech
    Ohlins forks
    Ohlins factory shock
    Ohlins steering damper
    Dymag magnesium wheels
    Harris fully adjustable rearsets
    Full Termignioni 50mm exhaust
    Brembo 18x20 radial front master cylinder
    EBC Pro-Lite full floating rotors
    ITG airfilter

Everything on the bike that matters is carbon fiber, underseat oil breather box, undertail plate, one piece airbox, air runners, large intake upper fairing.
    I will of course include the original HMC bodywork if you want to run that, I just didn't want to wreck it.
    It's not just another Suzuki or Honda, it's actually got some character to it. It really is a piece of American Ducati Racing history. I can honestly say this is an AMA championshop winning bike. That's pretty cool.
    This bike is for the TRUE Ducati enthusiast!
    $14,500 trades considered.

Hear it run!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=5zpfVnhyaMA
    Last edited by Duaner; 03-23-2008 at 11:03 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Regular Array
    Bike
    CRF450 steet legal motard
    This is a KILLER track day weapon! Email me for more pics at grandracing1@hotmail.com