I moved to my current place in the beginning on February, and have used the kitchen oven on a regular basis. Obviously the oven has gotten a little dirty (the walls/floor were covered in solid, black grease).
Now, yesterday, as I was casually strolling by, I noticed a "Self Clean" button dead smack in the middle of the "buttons panel" (there are like 4-5 buttons total... but you can't expect me to even look at the ones I don't use, can you?).
So, naturally, I go "WTF?!?!" clickity-click-click. Timer comes on for 4 hours and 20 minutes. Uhh... ok. The oven heats up. No liquids in sight. I hang around for another 30 min, check in on it again - same thing. Just heat. I head off to bed, approach it in the morning and lo and behold - spotless!
How the hell can that be? This makes no sense! Did it "burn away" the grease or what?
Anyone have any experience with these things? How do they work?