92 zx6 underseat??

Thread: 92 zx6 underseat??

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '08 R6

92 zx6 underseat??

Hey, just curious about the underseat compartment or lack thereof on a 92 zx6. Just bought it and there appears to be a spot to open with the key but nothing happens, if there is a compartment and the latch is broken is there any way to open things up without it??

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    93 kaw
    you probably should first lube the lock. Likely the internal latch is also in need of lubing. When you put the key in and turn, push down slightly with your other hand, and then lift - you may have to wiggle a little - it is VERY common for the trunk releases to go on older bikes. Once you get it off check out the cable and spring and all the moving parts and lube like mad. They don't just 'pop release'

You can't usually take off the side panels unless you get the seats off first because there are body fasteners under the seats....so you may need to be patient and use finesse)
    I don't do PM's

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '08 R6
    thanks for the reply, found out the bike does not have storage under there and the lock is for a helmet, appreciate the attempt to help me in my cluelessness tho