license to chill
Alpinestars TZ-1 2-Piece Suit
- - S O L D - -
Euro 52 / US 42 (Jacket is 52/42 & Pants are 52/36)
This is a suit that's well-known for it's quality construction and nice looks.
- 1.2 to 1.4mm full grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance
- 90º anatomically designed raglan construction with articulated shoulders for a full range of motion
- Die-cut ventilation holes on the shoulders for air flow
- Race developed MotoGP hardshell shoulder, elbow and forearm armour protection with internal dual-density foam padding for comfort
- Armour is attached directly to the suit leather (not in liner pockets) so will never shift
- Additional external padding on upper back and torso sides
- Double layer leather on crash points (see the stitching around the elbows)
- Ergonomically placed stretch Kevlar panels in the arms, thighs and calves for optimal flexibility
- 3M reflective star logos for night time visibility
- Replaceable motoGP knee sliders
- Full circumference zipper: this suit will get you onto any track, including Mission and Seattle
SIZE: I'm 5'9" 155 lbs. and like the fit of the jacket. I carry most of my weight in the upper body. I bought this size to wear a hoodie underneath (tightly) or a t-shirt (loosely). It can easily be worn by someone bigger and taller than myself. I wear 32 jeans and the pants are a bit too wide but doable. Ideally fits 34-36 but I bought the suit more for the jacket so it wasn't a dealbreaker.
VENTILATION: The perforations in the shoulders plus kevlar arm panels are good for the summer, but don't create so much airflow that it can't be blocked by some layers for the beginning and end-of-season colder temps.
The jacket has been well cared for and conditioned with Lexol. There is not a scratch or tear on the entire suit. The colours are like new. The leather is soft. Stitching all intact. Zippers perfect. The logos look amazing.
I have five jackets and two more on order so the closet is maxed-out. The jacket alone retails for US$350 plus shipping & duty (go ahead and Google it). The suit runs $800 to start.
This one's yours for $230. Downtown. PM me.
Last edited by frontside5; 04-22-2008 at 10:00 AM.
license to chill
now S O L D
I put this suit up at what I think was a great price and received a lot of interest on it (thanks for that). Just trying to help get the new riders all set up...
Have fun dude!